Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Yankees Columbus Blue Jackets Minnesota Golden Gophers

The value of autographed baseballs

I have a collection of somewhere around 25 autographed baseballs, almost all signed by players on the Columbus Clippers. The problem is that I don't know who they are signed by, and some are in bad condition. I would guess that around half are signed by 1 player, 10 are signed by 2 or 3 players, and 2 are signed by 10+ players. The autos on some of them have faded badly, and some were signed on poor balls to begin with. None are on official MLB balls, all are signed on cheap $1 balls from walmart.

Is there any value in these? They just take up space and I really have no value in them. I'm sure some of the players have had MLB careers. If I brought some of them to a card shop, would I be able to sell them or do they have no value at all?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

Signed non-OMLB baseballs really have no value. When I was young, I racked on Joe Mauer, Johan Santana, and Justin Morneau on cheap baseballs at Twins games. I learned my lesson.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Pretty much what ds said but if your able to identify any of them you may find someone who collects a certain player to give you a little bit if its one of the ones that are in good condition.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ChosenOne719's Items on eBay

while I personally would not pay as much for a non omlb ball depending on the guy Id still pick it up if the price is right because sometimes I cant afford omlb signed balls of guys I collect... when it comes to ip autos that I am getting though normally I just use non omlb balls for like bench players and guys that will probably never be any good and then for good players I will use a omlb ball

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Unless you can find a signature of someone that went on to a fairly successful career, they probably aren't worth much. Maybe you can donate them to the Clippers, and take a tax write-off for the price you paid for the balls???