Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Welcome to America, atheists!

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/21/welc...sts/singleton/

^A British born woman who has lived in the U.S for 30 years wishes to be a naturalized Citizen...

However,she objected to the required pledge to bear arms in defense of the country......

She believes it is unethical and against her morals to take another life.

Here is where it gets interesting....

In order for her to become a naturalized Citizen, she must provide documentation that she is a conscientious objector and a member in good standing of a Church!

Here's the problem....She is an atheist.

Welcome to America foreign atheists....where only religious people can have morals.

*Facepalm*

*SMH*

*This country is so messed up*

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

So she wants to be part of something she is not wiling to defend? If you are not willing to defend what you want so badly to be a part of, why be part of it?

I would love to see the document that asked for proof of religion, this is not constitutional and should be thrown out. But to say religious people are more willing to kill than atheists is quite silly, no sane person desires to kill another, but they should desire to protect their family, community, and beliefs.

I have an issue with the religious aspects of this, but have no issue with the idea of willing to protect our country. plus, she is a female and older so is not subject to draft, so will never be called to "arms".

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have been living in the USA for 13 years now off and on. I will not become an American Citizen because I refuse to do 2 things:

1. Put my hand on any bible
    2. Defend a country that looks for war as part of it's growth principal.

Besides, I need one foot in Canada until my son is out of here, in case some moronic Republican tries to bring back the draft.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so you have to swear on the Bible to be a US citizen?
    I believe it is a constitutional right to affirm rather than take a religious oath.

BANNED

Country

Some places use a Bible, some don't. Does not matter. I would not give up my Canadian Passport simply because I can travel to about 30 countries without visa or incident. In some I can stay indefinitely, but with a US Passport, I have to leave at a specified time.

The best passport to travel the World with is a UK Passport, followed by a Canadian one, then a myriad of countries under the British Commonwealth.

The easy of use with a US Passport is somewhere down on the bottom of Westernized countries, around 50th place. I can show at least one incident where had I been in possession of a US Passport, I would have lost my life, and that was in a Guatemalan jungle at the point of an AK47.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree, being a US citizens abroad is not always a pleasant thing and US passports suck, even getting one is rediculous.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Just curious why raise your son in America?Especially since it seems the country does not suit your needs.And please no need for harsh comebacks it is just a simple questions with no strigns attached.if you don't want to answer thats fine
    I have been living in the USA for 13 years now off and on. I will not become an American Citizen because I refuse to do 2 things:

1. Put my hand on any bible
    2. Defend a country that looks for war as part of it's growth principal.

Besides, I need one foot in Canada until my son is out of here, in case some moronic Republican tries to bring back the draft.

BANNED

Country

I have every right not to want to be a Citizen, based on what I posted. I have tried and suggested a move to Canada, but I get no answer from my Wife, as she knows she won't be able to blow money at will like she does here.

I am being very honest here. I am married to a woman that knows nothing but spending.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I have every right not to want to be a Citizen, based on what I posted. I have tried and suggested a move to Canada, but I get no answer from my Wife, as she knows she won't be able to blow money at will like she does here.

I am being very honest here. I am married to a woman that knows nothing but spending.

Sounds just like my old lady.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I agree, being a US citizens abroad is not always a pleasant thing and US passports suck, even getting one is rediculous.

curious what is ridiculous about getting a US passport? I didn't have any weird issues with getting mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast