Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Is McFarlane getting lazy?

Just saw the listing of NHL 33 figures due out in August. I could not help but feel something looked familiar about the Steven Stamkos figure. Then it hit me. It was the exact same figure as the NHL 2 figure of Brett Hull with a different head and paint job.

Attachment 73237 Attachment 73238

One of the great things about McFarlane is that they captured specific poses for each figure. I guess it easier (pronounced "cheaper") to re-use old molds
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

They have been doing this for a long time. I am a member of a Mcfarlane message board and everyone hates it. There are some poses that no one liked the first time they were used and they have been used at least 2 more times since.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yanksfan1230's Items on eBay

like flyersfan said, NOTHING new, been doing this for way over 5 years now

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

yes want more proof compare some of the gretzkys
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rdmgrath's Items on eBay

I agree, It's been going on since the beginning, and I've always hated it..

SCF Rewards
    Country

The football is the worse with copying posses

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rollx8's Items on eBay

It's ALL how you individualize each Mcfarlane with a card......Check out my collection....

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/roll...?sort=6&page=1

SCF Rewards
    Country

rollx8-- that is pretty serious stuff. I enjoyed looking at that lineup.. AWESOME Collection AWESOME idea

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See big_poppa_d's Items on eBay

Mcfarlane is notorious for doing this, since the very beginning, but its kinda understandable. The casts they have to develop has been the culprit. I was told once from one of the big wigs that it cost upwards of 100K to develop a mold. Coupled with licencing, not to mention the possibility of the expense when a particular player owns his own rights, and often times recycling a pose can be the only way it makes sence to proceed. Goalies are the most abused, since they take more material to produce. They never used the same pose twice in a given series, but series after series there are many recycled repeat poses found. Even within the same team. I remember how they used the same pose for Ducks' players Selanne and Getzlaf in consecutive series. now that I think about it, I remember when they used the same pose for the Sedin twins the first time they made them, and both were in the same series. That was ghetto.