Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards

Regular rookie card always worth less than the parallel?

Is a regular base rookie card always worth less than the parallel of that base card? Assume the parallel is limited to 100 while the base is around 3000. Technically, would the parallel of that card considered the rookie also?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

some people do consider it the rookie some people dont. I believe it technically is not called a rookie by beckett or the card company but to me it is still his rookies year so why wouldnt it be.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kr580's Items on eBay

It's widely accepted that RC's are only the base cards but some think otherwise. It's all a matter of opinion I think.

If you are talking about a base/3000 and parallel/100 I'd guess the parallel would be more but a parallel isn't always more. Take the 2005 Ultra set... a RC may be $20 while the Gold Medallion parallel is maybe $12.

its not called a rookie but 99.9% of collectors accept them as rookies. in most cases parallels sell for more since they are more limited and harder to find. there are some cases where the base version does go for more.check out topps rookie cup autos. the base version goes for more then most of the parallels b/c the pritn runs are fairly similar but the base version actually ahs the RC tag.

james