Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I see. The liberal opinion is:

Option A) I don't want my baby. Therefore it has no rights, no value and is nothing but an unviable fetus that can and should be destroyed.

Option B) I want my baby. Therefore it is a human that can be murdered and has the right to protection from violence.

What a joke...this is why I can't support abortion rights. The line between murder and simply discarding a piece of trash is not based on the whims of an individual.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Option A) I don't want my baby. Therefore it has no rights, no value and is nothing but an unviable fetus that can and should be destroyed.

Option B) I want my baby. Therefore it is a human that can be murdered and has the right to protection from violence.

What a joke...this is why I can't support abortion rights. The line between murder and simply discarding a piece of trash is not based on the whims of an individual.

No more of a joke than "all life is precious and life begins at conception. It's wrong to take a life unless that life was created by rape or incest then you're right it's a non-person and deserves to die."

I suppose you're in favour of gunning down grown up rape babies in the street too?

We don't want to tell people what to do with something that lives inside them and wouldn't be able to survive otherwise. On principle alone, it's really no different than forcing everyone to take the exact same cancer treatment. Until it can viably survive outside the womb, it's basically a growth. That might sound harsh or rude or whatever, but it's the truth. As such, we don't want to tell anyone what to do either way, you're literally saying you're okay with certain people being murdered (because that's what you consider it) depending on how that person was conceived.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No more of a joke than "all life is precious and life begins at conception. It's wrong to take a life unless that life was created by rape or incest then you're right it's a non-person and deserves to die."

I suppose you're in favour of gunning down grown up rape babies in the street too?

We don't want to tell people what to do with something that lives inside them and wouldn't be able to survive otherwise. On principle alone, it's really no different than forcing everyone to take the exact same cancer treatment. Until it can viably survive outside the womb, it's basically a growth. That might sound harsh or rude or whatever, but it's the truth. As such, we don't want to tell anyone what to do either way, you're literally saying you're okay with certain people being murdered (because that's what you consider it) depending on how that person was conceived.

You are totally ignoring my point and going off on a tangent that is not relevant. Allow me to simplify.

If it is a "growth" then it can't be murdered. If it can be murdered, then it isn't just a growth. It can't be both ways.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

You are totally ignoring my point and going off on a tangent that is not relevant. Allow me to simplify.

If it is a "growth" then it can't be murdered. If it can be murdered, then it isn't just a growth. It can't be both ways.

Alex already explained the rational behind your "murder" discrepancies. How you missed it is beyond me. Here I will simplify it. Woman's body = her choice; third person = not their choice.

And since you are the one trying to point out hypocrisy in the pro-choice crowd, stop and explain how killing a baby conceived of rape is NOT murder.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That doesn't actually go against anything I said. Talk about tangents.

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK, seriously....does anyone know what a BABY is?

A FETUS is NOT a baby....that's like calling a toddler a pre-teen!

Anyways, do you understand WHY a non-viable fetus has no rights?

Because it's NOT a person, and it fully depends on the mother to sustain it's life.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

If she so chooses YES

What gives you the right to stop her and IMPOSED your will on any woman?

None, but the government can. They already impose controls on women and stop them from killing their offspring when they are toddlers, kindergartners and teenagers. There is also a law that says that babies born alive after a failed abortion can not be killed. (Kermit Gosnell snipped the spine of seven babies born alive after failed abortions so it is not as rare as Alex claims and resulted in 7 murder convictions for Gosnell.)

At least you are consistent in your belief that women should be able to kill their 22 week old babies regardless if it is in or out of the womb because after all, what is the difference? To me they are equally immoral and equally evil.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

OK, seriously....does anyone know what a BABY is?

A FETUS is NOT a baby....that's like calling a toddler a pre-teen!

Anyways, do you understand WHY a non-viable fetus has no rights?

Because it's NOT a person, and it fully depends on the mother to sustain it's life.

Isn't taking a life murder?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Then Dave Thomas is in hell.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Taking the life of a PERSON is murder.

A fetus is not a person.

At least until it reaches viability....then it is granted "personhood".

Science and our society agree on this principle, there is no debate.

The problem is that certain pro-life people wish to impose their morality on others, and that's not right.

Personally, if you or I or anyone else believes that abortion is wrong, that's fine....then let's make sure to avoid ever committing an abortion.

HOWEVER, we do not nor should we have the right to impose those beliefs on others.

Think about it like this....I believe smoking is wrong, there are ZERO good reasons to smoke and there is NOTHING positive that comes from smoking.

By all means smoking is "evil" in my book.

HOWEVER, that is my personal beliefs.

I don't have any right whatsoever to force another human not to smoke, because he has the right to CHOOSE whether or not to smoke.

So, even though it might sound contradictory, I support the right for anyone to smoke and at the same time am against smoking in general.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast