Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

ahh... if only speaking about a group of people really meant someone did or didn't care about that group...

This is a meaningless study. Did they take context into account or just count when they said the words?

They are politicians, their major focus is on people and corporations with major cash who can help fill their campaign chests.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

From what I grasped from the article, they counted the number of times the president addressed the group, not just said the word.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I wouldn't be able to answer that question without some serious searching, but I am aware that the poor numbers have grown substantially in the last 5 or 6 years. Again, I don't have that data right in front of me to pull up, but when we are setting record numbers for people on welfare and people on government food programs then it is pretty easy to figure out that the number of poor is increasing dramatically.

How about those who self-identify as "poor"? If the majority of "poor" see themselves as "middle class" for whatever reason, someone talking about the poor isn't going to get through to them. At the same time, we live in a society where everyone uses credit to put themselves onto the "next level" and, at the same time, no one will describe themselves as "working class" anymore. So being that we're looking at speeches and not policy, he could very well have been addressing the exact same people, the difference being they don't see themselves as poor. At best this proves absolutely nothing.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I see the lack of vision in the article. I would look at it from a different view and say Look how little other presidents cared about the middle class.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I see the lack of vision in the article. I would look at it from a different view and say Look how little other presidents cared about the middle class.

Really? You wouldn't look at the reported demographics of undecided voters? You wouldn't look into who identifies as what? You'd simply say this proves every other President didn't care about the middle class?

Don't be a fanboy. It's embarrassing for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12