Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr_t_plush's Items on eBay

I'd be careful with this assumption. Most forgers don't just fake one or two items, they do tons of memorabilia. Normally if a seller has a lot of signed items for sale from big stars, it's a red flag to me and I stay away.

I wasn't talking about someone having 15 Mike Trouts as a good thing. I was talking about a wide selection. Like a memorabilia shop and what not. For instance i make numerous purchases from a couple shops based down near Milwaukee without batting an eye. I trust them because i know most of their memorabilia comes from in person signings etc.

What is a red flag is when a person seems to be selling one kind of item in large quantities like you said. Or they don't really have a wide selection. But if someone has 5k good feedback and 100+ items up for sale i feel pretty safe.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wasn't talking about someone having 15 Mike Trouts as a good thing. I was talking about a wide selection. Like a memorabilia shop and what not. For instance i make numerous purchases from a couple shops based down near Milwaukee without batting an eye. I trust them because i know most of their memorabilia comes from in person signings etc.

What is a red flag is when a person seems to be selling one kind of item in large quantities like you said. Or they don't really have a wide selection. But if someone has 5k good feedback and 100+ items up for sale i feel pretty safe.

I don't necessarily feel safe. There are a number of sellers on ebay who have 1,000's of feedback with 100% positive or close to it that sell forgeries. If a buyer does not have a clue as to what to look for they will never know they have bought a forgery. Informed buyers are not buying their garbage because they it's no good. On another site we have had many, many items taken down off of ebay so some unsuspecting/uninformed person does not buy it. Many times the seller is a Top Rated Plus. I don't know if the seller in fact knows it's a forgery but I've seen it happen over and over again.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

I want to add. The individuals I'm talking about do not sell forgeries exclusively. They have them mixed in amongst the legit ones.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

I want to add. The individuals I'm talking about do not sell forgeries exclusively. They have them mixed in amongst the legit ones.

...Rick

I've seen this too many times. Forgers usually have pretty good feedback and are selling a lot of signed items at a time. I'll never buy an autograph off eBay without first examining other items they have for sale and have sold in the past. If I feel one of those items might not be authentic, I won't touch anything from the seller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12