Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Chicago Blackhawks Convention Pickups - MY BIGGEST AND BEST HJALMARSSON ADDITION YET!

Had an absolute blast at the Convention. Didn't stand in line for any autographs or pictures, but LOVED the panel sessions, all of the players are so down to earth and absolutely hilarious! Some amazing stories and a ton of laughs.

But now for what you came to see.

First, for those who have not seen these two, I got these on Friday...John McDonough and the legend, Phil Pritchard! The Pritchard is on a shipping label...turning it in to a custom card!

The Hawks Convention has a room where vendors can sell various items, from cards to photos, to pucks, you name it, it was there. I was very skeptical that I would find anything I would want to buy, assuming everything would be outrageously priced. Was I wrong or what!

First up, a pretty sweet pickup! Hahahaha, yes, it's a Hawks Logo Cookie!

Next, a couple of $1 pickups...the Morin was CLEARLY a mistake, I saw three or four others at the same table for $20 haha. And this is also somehow my first Bollig card.

Next up, a pretty cool custom 4x6 that was only a buck...considering the toploader it came in costs close to that, it was a no-brainer. I picked up one other card from this vendor, which will be seen in a little while...

Next up, came across these beauties. The sign said $10 each; after going through them I found about 6-7 I wanted to buy, so I just had to pick my two favorites. I paid the guy the $20 and he gave me $10 back, so I bought two more! Even though they are not certified autographs, you cannot go wrong for $5 each!

The last pickup, we come back to the table where the Hammer custom was. The original price was $40, but the vendor had reduced the price to $25. Again, a no-brainer for me. The scan does it NO justice!

Both swatches are from their PANTS. How cool is that?! AND to have the TWO COLOR SWATCH is amazing...that is something I don't think I have seen before. Two Hawks legends on one card with unique memorabilia for $25?! Thank you very much!

So that was the weekend, tons of fun! And nice having a little silver chalice joining everyone too!

Oh wait a second...

That Hjalmarsson custom wasn't the addition mentioned in the title...

THESE are what was mentioned in the title!

B

A

M

2012-13 Signed Game Used Gloves!!!

Here is the COA to go along with it, signed by the Hawks Equipment Manager himself!

I have looked in to them online and it seems as if these were worn during the second half of the regular season, starting 4/1/13.

Here are a few photos that I believe are matches.

Scuff mark on right glove

Cut thumb loops

Blue mark next to Reebok logo on left palm

The gloves were part of the (not-so-silent) silent auction...basically the silent auction ended and then after that they had a staff member go to each item and see if anyone would place any more bids. I had the last bid on the true silent auction part and then to my disbelief, no one put in another bid afterwards, and like that, they are my cornerstone!

The price you might ask...$250. Which was a great price compared to others. My friend I went with bought Kruger gloves for $300...others went as high as about $800.

So, THAT is the biggest and best addition to my Hjalmarsson PC EVER!!!

UPDATE: Here they are in my display case!

UPDATE 2:
    Just when it seems it couldn't get better...it does. Just got a PM from a member with photos with DISTINCT matches from Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals against LA. I did some more looking and found a match from Game 1 as well! But it looks like those are the only two playoff games...strange, but who cares?! They are PLAYOFF WORN GLOVES!!!!!

Here are the photo matches from the playoff games!

Cut on left thumb

And a HUGE shoutout to Chris (cmblms) for shooting me a PM out of the blue the other day...he was the one that proved to me these were worn in the playoffs. Again Chris, cannot express my thanks enough!!!

But...let's zoom in a little bit, shall we?!

BOOM!

Thanks for the look!
    Last edited by HammerHawks; 07-31-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jaccob Slavin, Ryan Dzingel, Brogan Rafferty, Derek Whitmore, Blackhawks, & 2003-04
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HobbyInsider(13)
    Country
    See Hockeyplaya4life25's Items on eBay

Awesome haul and Sweet Gloves! Always great adding some GU to the collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That it is! Thank you!!! They are actually the first game used anything I have from Hjalmarsson.

YouTube Video Editor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GHCHambone's Items on eBay

Nice pickups. Went to the convention the inaugural year and I think two years ago as my girlfriend got free tickets. Everyone got a scratch off coming in and she got a free VIP auto ticket for Glenn Hall so she got a signed puck. And also one of those cookies lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

VERY NICE! It's always an amazing feeling having a game used piece of equipment of your favorite player to go in your PC. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just when it seems it couldn't get better...it does. Just got a PM from a member with photos with DISTINCT matches from Game 2 of the Western Conference Finals against LA. I did some more looking and found a match from Game 1 as well! But it looks like those are the only two playoff games...strange, but who cares?! They are PLAYOFF WORN GLOVES!!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vancouver Canucks Pittsburgh Penguins Oakland Raiders
    Twitter: @http://twitter.com/hobbybox604 See Hobbybox604's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Niceeee pickup buddy,i just picked up a pair of Jannik Hansen GU gloves for $60 ;) from the Canucks outlet store,they are not signed but used in 11/12 season.....once again,congrats....

SCF Rewards
    Country

Big time update!!! See end of original post!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I heard at a Hawks convention (recently), the Hawk's mascot held a replica cup and stood on a cutout of Justin Bieber's face.

Is it true?

SCF Rewards
    Country

100% true. If you are on twitter, follow @StandOnBieber. If you are not, google it. It is 100% true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast