Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

>>>3 Strikes Policy<<< EVERYONE READ

P&R participants, I wanted to take a moment to once again call your attention to a P&R policy.

Back when I was Chit-Chat Manager I initiated a "3 strikes" policy and that remains in effect to this day (see sticky thread at the top of P&R). In essence, if you receive 3 warnings or infractions for ANY issue in the P&R area you will be banned from discussion in Politics and Religion. This does not have to be warnings/infractions for the same issue, any combination of warnings or infractions for actions in P&R will result in a ban from the area.

I also wish to clarify that warnings and infractions you receive in P&R count for the entire site. So if you receive a PM warning for language in P&R and then a system warning for language in P&R and then go into football and break the language rule, you will receive a points infraction.

A simple rule to follow is to walk away when you see the situation is too heated.

If anyone has any questions or comments ask here or my PM box is open.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In essence, if you receive 3 warnings or infractions for ANY issue in the P&R area you will be banned from discussion in Politics and Religion.

So that's where everyone went?
    *New* Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

No offense but I think you have a few on their 4th and 5th strikes

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have about 20 all from RGM on the Hockey Thread. He thinks he's god.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No offense but I think you have a few on their 4th and 5th strikes

Not to my knowledge.

I have about 20 all from RGM on the Hockey Thread. He thinks he's god.

A) Warnings in other areas do not impact a P&R ban. Only warnings/infractions incurred here in P&R will count towards an exodus from the area.

B) He is doing his job, just like P&R staff when it comes to language and insults. We enforce the rules fairly and if anyone thinks they have been treated unfairly, my PM box is open and I will gladly review infractions. From the looks of it, RGM is just one of several mods that have had to deal with you for the same issue, including myself. By simply accepting that we try to keep things "family friendly" you can avoid the attention of every mod on the site.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

So SMDH is considered family friendly? But if you put %$%#&# in the middle of a sentence it's not?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

damn is not a filtered word, as you can see, so SMDH would not be an issue since the only questionable word would be damn. Using #!%?@ in place of letters to be able to bypass the language filter is in violation of site rules because it allows a person to spell out a more objectionable and filtered word in a way that it is clear what they are spelling even though they avoided using the actual letters.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Got it, so there are levels of curse words allowed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Not levels per se, there are just words that are deemed common enough in society that blocking them here would not be logical. If you are watching ABC Family and they bleep a word out then it will be prohibited here too. Since words like damn and hell are common enough in society that they are heard on a near daily basis it just doesn't make sense to take issue with them here. However, the F-word for example, is not socially acceptable so using it or using symbols to represent it is not acceptable here either.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

damn, hell, bloody, bugger are not curse words.

You are living in a time-void from 1860 if you think they are. The F-Word and the C You Next Tuesday are only offensive in christian drenched America. The "C" word is the most used word in Ireland, Australia, Scotland, England, and many other places as it's strictly anatomical, and used by humorous people, not maligned by up-tight weiners.
    Last edited by centrehice; 12-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast