Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

Does anyone care about the women's finals?

I was wondering if anyone gave a damn about tonights womens NCAA finals? Sometimes I try to watch these games but they are rather boring and most of the time they are blowouts. UCONN and TN crushing the others. Anyone care?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

One word, 2 letters... N O

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

I care. I'm watching right now. Gotta give some props to the ladies :)

Tim

considerittraded
    Of course IG doesn't care...he goes to PITT. Me, on the other hand, am a UCONN Alum and am glad to see UCONN kick Tennessee's ™™™ again for back-to-back titles! Congrats Lady Huskies 2003 NCAA Champions once again!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

It's watered down basketball. I don't mind watching womens sports that are actually good, but womens basketball is just the XFL of college hoops.

SCF Rewards
    See plunge's Items on eBay

Cool avatar, considerittraded! I'd be more into it if my alma mater's team, Penn State, was in the finals. And that also goes for the NIT finals (or semi-finals).

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do I care? NO but I would classify NCAA women's basketball as legit.

However, WNBA is total crap. Any professional sports that has to be subsidized doesn't need to be around IMO. Sorry if anyone is offended by my view.

BGray

SCF Rewards

I second Iggy's thoughts, lol

Of course, my Lakers were playing the Mavs at home, and haven't lost to the Mavs at home for 25 straight games (that's about 10 years worth)...so I was glued to watching this game.

Women's basketball is only cool when two good teams play each other...but b/c the disparity is so wide, it's not until the Final Four that you have 4 good teams playing against each other.

Normally, you have TN or UConn blowing another team out by 50.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the mens BKB programs should be force to watch the ladies maybe they would learn how to play "D" as that is one thing they do very well. Just wait until show of these chic start to get a little fancy like the men it will get very exciting cause I know a lot of chics that can really play.

SCF Rewards

GI -- that is true. Both the NBA and the NCAA women basketball teams play good fundamental defense.

But, a part of that reason is b/c they're not as athletically gifted, so they have to rely on fundamentals, as oppose to God-given talents like high vertical leap, long arms, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast