Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Vin Scully - Any Advice?

Hi all,

There is one autograph that I'd be willing to pay for: Vin Scully.

As someone who recently resumed collecting as an adult, Vin is the only person I'd be willing to pay for an autograph. When I was a kid, I wrote to Jack Buck and he signed a beautiful black & white 5x7 photo for me, personalized. I would like the same thing of Vin Scully. I'm sort of focusing on baseball announcers as my niche. Thing is, Vin is so insulated from the fans. Do you have any advice on how I might get a photo signed & personalized?

I've seen his TTM successes are hit & miss. I wrote to the Dodgers last month, but they sent it back due to the offseason. Does he ever do public appearances? Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Dan

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tried Vin TTM in 2012 and received back a letter from the Dodgers basically saying thanks for sending in your item but due to time constraints etc. He did a signing a few years ago with Sandy Koufax. The starting price was $250 for a ball and upwards. He used to sign as he left the pressbox on his way to the elevator but he hasn't done that for a few years now. I've been fortunate enough to meet him a few times and have gotten his auto 3 times. He is a class act and a true gentleman.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info, Boozler. I just don't know how I'm gonna do it! I would love to figure it out...but this one is gonna be a challenge.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just my .02- if he was a class act/true gentleman then he'd take care of his fans. I know he's old or w/e, but I've been duped by too many media portayals of good media guys like Uecker who were complete jerks when I met them.

I'm pretty sure HK in philly was very, very generous with his sig, and he was a HOF broadcaster, class act and gentleman.

I love Scully, and would LOVE the graph, but he's real tough, so I can't imagine he's a nice guy. I'm sure he is an old school kind of guy, and an admirable guy, but if he doesn't sign that says a lot about him IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're opinion of someone is based on if they sign TTM or not? I agree with you that people act a certain way in front of cameras or when the press is around, i.e. Tommy Lasorda, but I've met him IP 3 times and he's always been nice and signed. Just because he's a tough auto to get doesn't make him a Jerk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was referring to IP signing where he is also tough.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wish I could have wrote to Jack Buck and Harry Kalas when I had the chance.

After Stan died this year, I wrote to all the living Hall of Famers including the award winners, as long as they had a reasonable fee. Anyway, the only Frick winners I don't have are Scully, McCarver, and Miller. I emailed the Dodgers earlier this year and they said that he is not accepting fan mail so it has to be the fact that he's getting up there in age.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I felt the same way after Stan Musial passed away from the standpoint of time running out. I wish I had gotten into this as a hobby maybe 3 to 5 years ago. I mean, in the last few years we have seemed to lose a particularly high number of good guys and legends: Stan Musial, Bob Feller, Duke Snider and from a personal standpoint as a Cubs fan, Ron Santo.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Feller's company is still selling his autograph, which surprised me.

Not including the class that will be elected in January, I still need Mays, Aaron, Koufax, and Brett. I have everyone else.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See N/A's Items on eBay

Feller's company is still selling his autograph, which surprised me.

Not including the class that will be elected in January, I still need Mays, Aaron, Koufax, and Brett. I have everyone else.

Those are pretty much the toughest ones there are. Mays can barely see anymore, Aaron and Koufax almost never do signings and Brett is just about as difficult.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast