Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Dyslexia

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

Dyslexia

http://www.dyslexia.com/library/symptoms.htm

Now if you haven't noticed by my posts im a mild dyslexic,in fact it took me 4x to spell dyslexia and still had to use google to get it right.
    my reason for this post is that some on internet boards like to make fun of others internet penmanship, I myself being a stubborn,bullheaded fool could careless,ill spout out my opinion nomatter what,but others will withhold theirs just to avoid being made fun of.

so if your "smart" enough to spell the word you should be "smart" enough to make it out when its spelled wrong,no need to belittle

heres a great video of Jackie Stewert that I highly recommend

Jackie starts at 3:30

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

That's a point we should all be aware of when reading posts. The reality is that when you see bad grammar and spelling the message sometimes loses its credibility.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

The reality is that when you see bad grammar and spelling the message sometimes loses its credibility.

which is silly considering this is the internet, I could see if we were in an academic setting, but we are not

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.dyslexia.com/library/symptoms.htm

Now if you haven't noticed by my posts im a mild dyslexic,in fact it took me 4x to spell dyslexia and still had to use google to get it right.

Firefox has built in spell check if you want to go that route
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Thanks for sharing. We indeed all have shortcomings and challenges, though it's hard for people to admit that. It's far easier to see the shortcomings and challenges of others.

Grammar and spelling were always easy for me, but some co-workers, family members, and close associates believe I have a mild form of Asperger Syndrome (as more research emerges, it appears expression is slightly different and less "extreme" in women). Reading social cues and having practical common sense are not things that come nearly as easily for me. I can also appear quite slow when a lot of demands are placed on my short term memory. Though very academic, I am only able to handle jobs where social interaction and multi-tasking are kept to a minimum.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for sharing. We indeed all have shortcomings and challenges, though it's hard for people to admit that. It's far easier to see the shortcomings and challenges of others.

Grammar and spelling were always easy for me, but some co-workers, family members, and close associates believe I have a mild form of Asperger Syndrome (as more research emerges, it appears expression is slightly different and less "extreme" in women). Reading social cues and having practical common sense are not things that come nearly as easily for me. I can also appear quite slow when a lot of demands are placed on my short term memory. Though very academic, I am only able to handle jobs where social interaction and multi-tasking are kept to a minimum.

btw,having a form of dyslexia does not mean your stupid,i did very well in school even though I only read one book in 5th grade and used it for every book report there after,i was an a student and a struggling d+ in grammer/English class

I was able to hide it being a jokester and athlete,others were not so lucky
    Last edited by gsj68; 01-06-2014 at 01:52 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Firefox has built in spell check if you want to go that route

and then I would never learn,someday I will write beutifull all on my own

but the red line says it wont be today

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have a unique form of dyslexia, nothing like Dubya, so please do not misunderestimate me. My IQ is far superior to his, by close to 30 points.

I have "Drop Letter" dyslexia. When printing, writing or typing quickly I often do not include the last letter of the word, more prominently in words ending in ing, or with the letter E on the end.

I can also read as quickly back to front as I can the normal way, and in text and books that provide humour, I often find myself reading the subject matter word by word from back to front. When I hear a song, and have gotten to know the lyrics with some degree of accuracy, I hear the lyrics, one word at a time, back to front.

When using normal cliches, alliteration, similes, etc, I immediately translate word for word back to front and think that way first before considering reading them correctly front to back.