Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Saying they all made the choice is as stupid as saying none made the choice. I really don't care if you or I chose or not. You and I are not a yardstick for society. Some do make the choice. It's simple fact. That you're trying to defend gays doesn't make up for your acting like that population simply doesn't exist.

SCF Rewards
    Country

WE have reached new heights and it is only day 1 of 2014.This is going to be a great year

It will be tough to top the meltdowns of 2012 and 2013 but let's hope 2014 can top it!
    *New* Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saying they all made the choice is as stupid as saying none made the choice. I really don't care if you or I chose or not. You and I are not a yardstick for society. Some do make the choice. It's simple fact. That you're trying to defend gays doesn't make up for your acting like that population simply doesn't exist.

I don't want to be drawn into another long and pointless debate with you, so I'll answer you the best I can while using sources.

Admittedly the science is not complete on homosexuality....there's no such thing as a "Gay gene" but then again there's no such thing as a "Straight gene" either.

However, over and over again, they say that the key is biological....it is NOT something you can freely choose.....unless you are bisexual where you CAN choose one or the other.

I'll leave you with a quote from the highly reputable American Psychological Association in regards to homosexuality and sexual orientation:

Quote Originally Posted by apa
    There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles; most people experience little or no sense of choice about their sexual orientation.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

BTW, what exactly is your point Wickabee?

Let's pretend that 1% of all homosexuals CAN choose? So what?

99% of them wouldn't be able to choose.

The overwhelming majority of them CAN'T choose, and this is evident.....I don't know what is the point of saying...."Well, at the very least a small fraction can choose"....And?

That doesn't deter the fact that the ones that CAN'T choose are the ones that suffer the most.

If you CAN choose, then you got no problems....just go along with the crowd and be straight or whatever...

But the ones that CAN'T choose are the ones that are suffering inside and are subject to the most vile of discrimination all around the world.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 01-01-2014 at 10:37 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

It will be tough to top the meltdowns of 2012 and 2013 but let's hope 2014 can top it!

I remember when they proposed a p&r section there was a big argument,it goes back to the very first post

btw,is silvia even around anymore?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

We are inevitably talking about genetics here. Just because we haven't come to fully understand how homosexuals, or, as Alex has so thoughtfully and intellectually tried to point out, all individuals representing the broader spectrum of self-identifying LGBT, are born the way they are for genetic reasons, no different in a certain sense from someone being born blind or deaf or crippled, as examples, does not mean that there isn't a very valid scientific-based explanation.

The view that these persons should be seen as lesser or condemned, or their actions seen as wrong or sinful, is demonstrative of ignorance and intolerance. Furthermore, on a personal note, I will say that anyone who views them as such is just outwardly expressing their own inability to cope with who they really are. It's your problem, not theirs, but, you make it their problem so that it isn't yours. For shame.

I have faith that one day in the not-too-distant future, queer individuals will be seen no differently than those who might be, as I suggested, blind or deaf or crippled, as equals on all levels, save for a genetic mishap with which they had no control whatsoever (and, more than likely, would reverse if given the chance). And, certainly deserving of equal respect and dignity.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I am just glad you complimented our country for once
    Did you make a choice to like females?

I know I didn't.

And I don't know any hetero male that made a choice to like girls.

I think Bisexual people can make a choice, I think people that are "Bi-curious" can make a choice.....but people who are near the end of the spectrum (Fully gay or straight) I believe can not make that choice.

I've never said the U.S is awful.

I've criticized it in the past and will continue to criticize it because although the U.S EVENTUALLY does the right thing....it takes too long.

Europe is far ahead of the U.S in this regard.

There are 10 European countries that fully allow gay marriage throughout their respective countries.....they include: UK, France, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Iceland, Belgium, and Denmark.

We're getting better in the U.S....no doubt about that.

But we're still taking too slow.

Gays should be able to marry in ALL 50 states and have the equal amount of rights and benefits as straights (Thankfully SCOTUS took down the horrible law that was DOMA)......but, until I see that there is FULL equality in ALL 50 states in regards to gay marriage, I will continue to criticize the U.S on this particular issue.

We have to remember that the majority do NOT have a dictatorship on the minority.

Even if the majority of Americans were against gay marriage, that is not sufficient or even a good reason not to allow gays to get married.

I think Kennedy said it best in this quote:

"Although Congress has great authority to design laws to fit its own conception of sound national policy, it cannot deny the liberty protected by the Due Process Clause of the Fifth Amendment."

^What a great and wise statement by Justice Kennedy.

BTW, one of my favorite moments from 2013 was in fact when DOMA was struck down for the terrible and UNCONSTITUTIONAL law that it was.

When I saw the faces of those gathered outside the Supreme Court in full joy and even tears of happiness.....that's a moment I can truly say that I am in fact glad that I live in a country where common and rational sense CAN occur on occasions.

This is a fight that will continue and I know that our side (the side of equality, acceptance, tolerance, and love) will win this battle.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

BTW, what exactly is your point Wickabee?

My point is a small minority of gays have chosen their orientation and will tell you as much. They are few and far between, but they do exist, despite any claims otherwise.

Simple, don't defend a marginalized group by further marginalizing a small portion of them. That makes less than no sense, yet so many continually do it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

read through a few pages of the thread. My take on the "born gay" topic is that... 1. I think people don't control much of what they are attracted to and 2. a person's sexuality isn't just always gay or straight. There are lots of grayness to a person's sexuality. Sexuality is very complex. Even within heterosexuality you have so many different realms of what different people find attractive or turn ons.

As for the duck dynasty guy. He has every right to say what he wants, but so do the people who disagree and are offended by what he said. I think his network suspension is over, but they also have the right to suspend, not suspend, or even fire the guy if they wish.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

read through a few pages of the thread. My take on the "born gay" topic is that... 1. I think people don't control much of what they are attracted to and 2. a person's sexuality isn't just always gay or straight. There are lots of grayness to a person's sexuality. Sexuality is very complex. Even within heterosexuality you have so many different realms of what different people find attractive or turn ons.

As for the duck dynasty guy. He has every right to say what he wants, but so do the people who disagree and are offended by what he said. I think his network suspension is over, but they also have the right to suspend, not suspend, or even fire the guy if they wish.

Winner!!!!!!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112