Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post United States pay map for teachers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-salaries.html

Teachers in the state of New York are the highest paid in the country, earning $75,279 a year on average - almost twice their South Dakota counterparts.

A captivating map, created by Jon Boeckenstedt, an associate vice president at DePaul University in Chicago, shows the staggering disparity between salaries at public elementary and secondary schools across the United States in 2013.

The average annual income for the nation's educators is $56,383, according to the map, which uses National Center for Education Statistics data.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Given the cost of living in NY, not surprised.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Does Georgia not pay their teachers or just not have any?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does Georgia not pay their teachers or just not have any?

Typo. Mississippi and Georgia don't have the amounts listed but they are shaded for the pay scale.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dscards33's Items on eBay

I was originally going to school in South Dakota, however, after seeing statistics like this I decided I'd be better off getting my teacher's license in Minnesota and transferred. Interesting stuff. I'd love to see a map with cost of living factored in.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

just for comparison I copied and pasted this...it's high here because the cost of living is high

On average, a full-time teacher working in Alberta with:
    • 4 years of university (Bachelor of Education or B.Ed. degree) earns approximately $58,500.
    • 5 years of university with a B.Ed. degree earns aproximately $61,800.
    • 6 years of university with a B. Ed. degree earns approximately $65,400.

On average, a full-time teacher working in Alberta with 10+ years of experience and:

• 4 years of university (B.Ed. degree) earns approximately $92,300.
    • 5 years of university with a B.Ed. degree earns approximately $95,600.
    • 6 years of university with a B. Ed. degree earns approximately $99,300.

Benefits for full-time teachers is approximately worth $7,500 and typically includes life insurance, disability benefits, dental care, extended health care and vision but varies from school authority to school authority. There are always exceptions to these generalizations and so individual collective agreements must be consulted to determine specific pay-rates for each jurisdiction in Alberta. The salary grids for each school authority are usually listed near the end of each collective agreement between the individual school boards and the Alberta Teachers’ Association (ATA
    Last edited by dornhoffer; 01-05-2014 at 05:39 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

interesting graph. Indiana doesn;t have a value listed but based off of the color shading they seem to be in the $51,000 range.

I have a few close friends who are teachers and more who are facebook friends so I hear things about low pay and such. I'm all for people being paid more for their jobs if possible, but it seems like a lot of teachers feel like they deserve some sort of huge salary when most of them work for public schools. My opinion isn't based off of what their value should be, but it's just one of those jobs that is paid for my tax dollars so you're always going to have political implications to pay. Of course some of the teachers I know are way more vocal about their "low pay" than others. The way I see it is their average pay is a pretty nice salary. There are a lot of people who have degrees who don't make that much in their careers. Teachers also have a lot of time off to help offset any hours they put in over the typical 8 hours a day during the school year. When it comes down to it, if you feel underpaid in whatever profession, an individual has the option to look elsewhere for higher paying jobs. That said, I do get how the government gums up procedures for them, but that tends to be status quo for most government jobs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cmo5885's Items on eBay

a point that should be considered about the ny pay (i live in ny and have many friends whom have moved away to teach elsewhere) in ny you must have a masters to teach in public schools. so the teachers union here is able to demand a greater wage, but it has pushed many of my friends to the south where they were abel to get work directly out of college