Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

this is even better, earth, Jupiter and Venus as seen from mars

Attachment 78634

I've been watching a lot of shows about this on the History Channel. There are multiple places on earth, were great buildings/pyramids/landmarks line up with the cooridinates of the orion belt. Now unless people for each sides of the earth communicated with one another thousands of years ago, it's hard to say its just a coincidence.

http://www.design-laorosa.com/2012/0...gnment-of.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

again, the night sky was more visible and stars were used as a travel guide, you see the same stars (different times) from every where on earth, so no need for communication.
    as far as there position on earth, notice they are where the weather is better, makes sense people would chose to live there instead of north east ohio. also I would like to add when viewing form the ground, this would make sense, the small one opens to the bigger ones.
    you also see 3 stars in Aries making this same shape, so it is not unique.

I find it even more interesting you get the same alignment, with three different planets, when viewing from mars.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

again, the night sky was more visible and stars were used as a travel guide, you see the same stars (different times) from every where on earth, so no need for communication.
    as far as there position on earth, notice they are where the weather is better, makes sense people would chose to live there instead of north east ohio. also I would like to add when viewing form the ground, this would make sense, the small one opens to the bigger ones.
    you also see 3 stars in Aries making this same shape, so it is not unique.

I find it even more interesting you get the same alignment, with three different planets, when viewing from mars.

I agree with that, but for 3 different civilizations to pick orions belt to mimic is quite mind boggling.

And these buildings they made weren't constructed in 2 weeks, they took years and years, so the significance of something special is there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can agree with that

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't think it's that farfetched that it could be coincidence. We're talking about people who used the stars to navigate everything and we're wondering why the arguably most prominent constellation was used by many different people?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

I agree with that, but for 3 different civilizations to pick orions belt to mimic is quite mind boggling.

And these buildings they made weren't constructed in 2 weeks, they took years and years, so the significance of something special is there.

Winner.

It's not just an issue of "shape" here. We have 3 distinct civilizations SUPPOSEDLY independent of each other...
    1) all taking to building pyramids (one could ask, why pyramids? Why that shape specifically? Are humans predisposed to building pyramids? [I hardly think so]).
    2) all choosing to build multiple pyramids in the same pattern/alignment (if all choosing to build pyramids isn't coincidental enough, why 3 pyramids and why in the same deviation of sizes and in the same pattern - that of the stars in Orion's belt?)
    3) enigmas surround each civilization and their connection to pyramids - Egypt: no agreeable consensus as to how they were built and how old they are, Mexico:a mystery as to how the Aztecs disappeared suddenly, China: hid the fact that they have pyramids for millenia)
    4) it's not just that the shape of the pyramids look like the stars in Orion's belt, they are aligned to it, that is, they were built to mimic their position (the stars, that is) at a certain time and in a precise way... in the case of the 3 Egyptian pyramids at Giza, they are actually currently inversely aligned to Orion - why inversely (upside down, if you will)? Well, it's actually because when they were built, they weren't inversely aligned, they were properly aligned. However, due to something called precession (the Earth wobbles and takes 23,900 years to complete one of these wobbles.. which is also why the position of the stars are constantly changing) the alignment now appears inverted.
    5) The sides of the pyramids are aligned to magnetic north, south, east, and west to within 0.01 of a degree - that's laser precision. How are these ancient cultures accomplishing something that precise? There was absolutely no technological means for them to accomplish this feat, let alone in 3 different civilizations in 3 different places on the Earth. Furthermore, these precise alignments are not possible if one does not possess the knowledge of a) the shape of the Earth - round, and b)the exact size of the Earth, otherwise the alignments aren't as precise.

To say that this is just a coincidence or that there was less light pollution or that the ancients looked at the stars more often than we do as explanations for this just doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Winner.

It's not just an issue of "shape" here. We have 3 distinct civilizations SUPPOSEDLY independent of each other...
    1) all taking to building pyramids (one could ask, why pyramids? Why that shape specifically? Are humans predisposed to building pyramids? [I hardly think so]).
    2) all choosing to build multiple pyramids in the same pattern/alignment (if all choosing to build pyramids isn't coincidental enough, why 3 pyramids and why in the same deviation of sizes and in the same pattern - that of the stars in Orion's belt?)
    3) enigmas surround each civilization and their connection to pyramids - Egypt: no agreeable consensus as to how they were built and how old they are, Mexico:a mystery as to how the Aztecs disappeared suddenly, China: hid the fact that they have pyramids for millenia)
    4) it's not just that the shape of the pyramids look like the stars in Orion's belt, they are aligned to it, that is, they were built to mimic their position (the stars, that is) at a certain time and in a precise way... in the case of the 3 Egyptian pyramids at Giza, they are actually currently inversely aligned to Orion - why inversely (upside down, if you will)? Well, it's actually because when they were built, they weren't inversely aligned, they were properly aligned. However, due to something called precession (the Earth wobbles and takes 23,900 years to complete one of these wobbles.. which is also why the position of the stars are constantly changing) the alignment now appears inverted.
    5) The sides of the pyramids are aligned to magnetic north, south, east, and west to within 0.01 of a degree - that's laser precision. How are these ancient cultures accomplishing something that precise? There was absolutely no technological means for them to accomplish this feat, let alone in 3 different civilizations in 3 different places on the Earth. Furthermore, these precise alignments are not possible if one does not possess the knowledge of a) the shape of the Earth - round, and b)the exact size of the Earth, otherwise the alignments aren't as precise.

To say that this is just a coincidence or that there was less light pollution or that the ancients looked at the stars more often than we do as explanations for this just doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned.

Great read.. Another thing that people also over look is the fact the Great Pyramid of Giza is about in the exact location of where the longest latitude and longerst longitude lines intersect.

I also read somewhere that the Egyptians would have to perfectly cut this massive blocks, move them to the river, barg them up the nile 70 miles, move them from the river and set them in place every 12 minutes for 20 years or something of that nature... It's insane what they did. It's commonly accepted that there was 20 years of construction. I'm sure I'm wrong on some details, but it was something as insane as that. I'll see if I can find that story.. I read it in a text book that I had while in college. Pretty much pointed out that it was impossible to pull off.

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country

Building the Great Pyramid in 20 years—the commonly accepted time frame—would have required placing 1.1 blocks in their final resting place every two minutes, over a work schedule of 365 days a year, if the block-laying were continuous for 10 hours per day. Additional imponderables are the time and effort involved in quarrying that many stones and transporting them to the site, some from a quarry 8 miles (12.8 km) away across the river and others from a quarry more than five hundred miles (800 km) away; preparing the 13-acre site (5.2 hectares) to host the pyramid would have been its own major feat, and all would have needed to be carefully coordinated.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's not MIMD boggling. It's like saying people chose to live on the shores of the Pacific in many different areas so...ALIENS!

Seriously, look up at night, Orion's Belt is the most eye catching thing other than the moon. People did everything by the stars so...ALIENS!

SCF Rewards
    Country

pyramids would be logical, for they are easier to build than squares or circles.
    also eygypt had teh time and man power to do the work, as well as worker capms have been found.

Kurk Mendelssohn, an American mathematician and physicist believed there were as many as 50,000 men involved with the Great Pyramid's construction based on calculations needed to move a given mass over a given distance. Ludwig Borchardt and Louis Croon, in their investigations, estimated that the Meidum pyramid would have required some 10,000 men to complete. Applying these calculations to the larger Great Pyramid, they estimated that a work force of some 36,000 men would have been required for that project. However, even this smaller workforce seemed too high to them, given the limited area of the construction site and the difficulties connected to logistics support.

Read more: http://www.touregypt.net/featurestor...#ixzz2pvAHzgxd

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestor...dworkforce.htm

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast