Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You have to remember. Stupid penalties which are the death of teams on Big Ice are going to be taken by Lucic and Kunitz, as they already take their share of stupid penalties in the NHL.

I'd rather have St. Louis who both handles the puck better, skates faster and does not take penalties.

Just a footnote to Pens fans. Give Sid some credit here, he does not need Kunitz as his nanny on this team, he is more than capable of finding his way.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

You're right. Crosby is capable of of doing pretty much anything..... but I would suggest that finding someone capable of playing with him is the big thing. Kunitz is likely not one of the top 24 more skilled forwards from Canada, much less one of the top 12... but brining a guy that can play well with Crosby, I still think, is a big asset. Crosby (I'm sure) will adapt to playing with whomever they give him - but if that other guy doesn't have any learning curve of his own.... I think just think the results will be better, quicker.

If we were talking about a team that gets a two week training camp, my opinion would probably change.

You have to remember. Stupid penalties which are the death of teams on Big Ice are going to be taken by Lucic and Kunitz, as they already take their share of stupid penalties in the NHL.

I'd rather have St. Louis who both handles the puck better, skates faster and does not take penalties.

Just a footnote to Pens fans. Give Sid some credit here, he does not need Kunitz as his nanny on this team, he is more than capable of finding his way.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just thinking that Tavares might be a 4th line center...that, is scary.

BANNED

Country

It's a nice problem to have, provided he gets on the ice every 4th shift.

If Team Canada shortens it's bench in this Olympics, Babcock should be fired. They have enough power to run 4-6 different lines based on who has the energy at what particular time during a game.

If you are not running 4 lines at even strength this Olympics, you will be buried by your opposition.

BANNED

Country

I guess what I am really trying to say is this:

Stop worrying about Sid and who is going to complement him - His line will be fine. They will score regardless.

Concentrate about putting 3 other solid lines together that can score, pay defense, and not take dumb penalties.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tend to think the same way. Lucic especially would be a concern, as he also doesn't have the speed that I'd like to see in a forward.

Speaking of speed, is Corey Perry fast enough to avoid being a liability on big ice? I have some concerns, but I don't know if they're valid.

As for Kunitz, I don't think there's a right/wrong answer on that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Speaking of other lines, and players, Patrick Sharp is Incredible...his 3 goals against the Av's wasn't even his highlight of the game, This assist was:

Wow, catches Matt Duchene from behind, picks his pocket and sends Toews a perfect break away pass, sick!! Add a disruptive big body like Benn, who can also score and this is Canada's #1 line imho...
    Crosby is the Greatest gift to hockey and all that, but Toews and Sharp, these cats mean business and know how to WIN Championships...jmho...and I am a Bruin's fan...O-o
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Speaking of other lines, and players, Patrick Sharp is Incredible...his 3 goals against the Av's wasn't even his highlight of the game, This assist was:

Wow, catches Matt Duchene from behind, picks his pocket and sends Toews a perfect break away pass, sick!! Add a disruptive big body like Benn, who can also score and this is Canada's #1 line imho...
    Crosby is the Greatest gift to hockey and all that, but Toews and Sharp, these cats mean business and know how to WIN Championships...jmho...and I am a Bruin's fan...O-o

The Hawks are stockpiled with talent, and in no doubt, Toews and Sharp are giant contributors.

I mean you gotta give credit to Kane, but in terms of the Canadians, those two are phenomenal, and their ring fingers are evidence of it! haha

BANNED

Country

Patrick Sharp could easily end up as the MVP of the Olympics. He is that good. The man back-checks like Datsyuk, goes end to end 4 times in a 32 second shift.

He is the epitome of a Hockey Player.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Patrick Sharp could easily end up as the MVP of the Olympics. He is that good. The man back-checks like Datsyuk, goes end to end 4 times in a 32 second shift.

He is the epitome of a Hockey Player.

Watching Toews and Sharp on the ice at the same time is a pleasure.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast