Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Rand Paul launches class action law suit challenging constitutionality of NSA spying

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-law-suit.html

Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) is spearheading a class action lawsuit against the government over NSA spy programs.

The lawsuit’s announcement comes only hours after the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court renewed the government’s permission Friday to collect bulk telephone metadata.

Mr Paul claimed that several hundred thousand people have already signed up for the suit that he hopes will be reviewed by the U.S. Supreme Court – perhaps an inevitability after courts have issued differing District Court rulings on the constitutionality of the program.

‘The question here is whether or not you can have a single warrant applied to millions of people,’ Mr Paul said before explaining that anyone with a cell phone is eligible to sign up.

‘No you can’t have our records without our permission or without a warrant specific to an individual.’

The government quietly announced in a Friday afternoon statement from Director of National Intelligence James Clapper’s office that the surveillance program has been renewed.

The statement also included defense of the spy program’s legality, perhaps in an attempt to head Mr Paul’s lawsuit off at the pass.

Citing the rulings of judges in US District Courts in the Southern Districts of both California and New York, as well as 16 FISA court judges on 36 occasions, the government claimed the program is lawful.

Mr Paul disagreed, saying that Americans should not have to trade their Fourth Amendment rights for protections against terrorism.

‘We think we can have security that we can defend against terrorism, but that doesn’t mean that every individual American has to give up their privacy,’ he said.

Mr Paul may have a case after U.S. District Court Judge Richard Leon ruled last month in Washington, D.C., that the program was unconstitutional, and ordered the removal of the records of two individuals.

'I am not convinced at this point in the litigation that the NSA’s database has ever truly served the purpose of rapidly identifying terrorists in time-sensitive investigations,' Judge Leon wrote in his ruling, according to NBC News.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

even if they won, it would not stop

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Rand Paul is a piece of garbage. I don't trust that guy as far as I can spit. What's to say that publically he is against the NSA but privately he is working with them behind the scenes.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

BANNED

Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (225)
    Country
    See groundsupportse's Items on eBay

Rand Paul is a piece of garbage. I don't trust that guy as far as I can spit. What's to say that publically he is against the NSA but privately he is working with them behind the scenes.

Says the Liberal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not trying to argue, just get info here.

What did/does Rand Paul do that makes him garbage?
    What indication was there that he is working with the agency?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no matter what law or bill is passed, this agency or another will continue to do this, there is no stopping it.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What's to say that publicly you are against abortion but privately eating babies?