Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shapinlinks's Items on eBay

Great news Chris! Long time no see as well! Send me paypal addy for donation!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves St Louis Rams San Diego Padres
    Twitter: @@charbrian23 See Charbrian23's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Chris, that just made my morning..jumped online before hitting the sack and just had to tell my wife

SCF Rewards
    Country

Chris, great news...Your an inspiration to everyone on here. I have told my daughter about your situation and at 13 she understands that fighting and never giving up is what everyone should strive for. She scored the winning basket at her last basketball game after she hurt her ankle in the first half. I am so proud of her and thank you for giving her what i think is the inspiration she needed.

I have a card package for your boys which has several "shiny cards", minis, Chargers,Panthers.

Please give them a hug every chance you get.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Great news Chris! Long time no see as well! Send me paypal addy for donation!

Pm sent my friend

Chris, that just made my morning..jumped online before hitting the sack and just had to tell my wife

Haha, I was so excited I didn't know whether to sit or jump up and down! Thanks man, that's awesome!

Chris, great news...Your an inspiration to everyone on here. I have told my daughter about your situation and at 13 she understands that fighting and never giving up is what everyone should strive for. She scored the winning basket at her last basketball game after she hurt her ankle in the first half. I am so proud of her and thank you for giving her what i think is the inspiration she needed.

I have a card package for your boys which has several "shiny cards", minis, Chargers,Panthers.

Well your daughter sounds pretty inspirational herself. It's a long long road. Right now the plan will be 2-3 months of chemo, then back to UVA for a lengthy stay while a chunk of my liver is removed and some burned off, then maybe 6 weeks off for my body to heal followed by another 6 months of chemo.

Sound tough? I say "bring it". Cancer picked the wrong guy this time.

Please give them a hug every chance you get.
    Last edited by chajones; 01-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Chris,

After reading through the posts and following your roller coaster ride, I'm thrilled to read the promising news. You have a great attitude and I love your fight and the fact that you are so optimistic and realistic, and that you think about the impact on your family more than yourself.

My mother had breast cancer in 1977 when I was 9 years old (and my brothers were 8 and 4) and she beat it, at the time there wasn't even a 50% survival rate and we really weren't old enough to understand everything. Unfortunately she developed ovarian cancer in 1988 and passed away in 1991 after not being able to handle the chemo anymore. We were so thankful for the extra 14 years that we got with her and all that she got to see in that time. Although she has been gone for over 22 years now, it sometimes feels like yesterday. It still chokes me up to think about it all. She wrote us letters before she passed; I read mine from time to time and it reminds me how precious and what a gift life is.

I wasn't planning on sharing so much but I guess it's contagious :). Definitely a good release as I take a deep breath.

Best wishes to you, Heather, Conner and Kyler and keep up the good fight. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

I'll try and send something along shortly since you provided your address.

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Mike, while ultimately you mother didnt't survive, you hit the nail on the head. It's about time. Cancer might get me one day but I hope it's long down the road. Until then, even the chemo days, even the painful days I try to find the highlights. The laughs, the way your son does something just the way you do, the family time. We celebrate everything, everyday as should everyone.

Thank you for sharing Mike.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great news Chris! I sent my package today for ya!

My mother is about to start chemo the next couple of weeks. It's been a struggle for me, but seeing her fight gives me inspiration. We had to wait to find out if she was "curable" or would he life be "manageable," so I know what you are going through. Stay strong!
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes sir I know exactly what that is like. I hope she is the former. It's crazy, I'm not making a political statement of any sort but 10 years ago AIDS was a death sentence. Now it's more like diabetes as in no cure but it's not a death sentence.
    In 1971 president Nixon declared "war on cancer". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Cancer
    At the time about 1 in 50 or 100 would contract some level or kind of cancer in their lifetime. Over 40 years later that number is 1 in 3. We are losing that war. It just makes you wonder. Is it the air, the water, the food, or all of these? And if a "cure" is economically feasible at this point. After all a cure would mean the end of a trillion dollar industry.

It is truly sad and painful for the patients and their families.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikec5000's Items on eBay

I'm glad to read about your GREAT news Chris! I'm very happy for you & your family! I'll try to get something out for the boys in the next couple of days. If I can't break away from the office I'll definately get it out next week.
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage/autos of Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Rod Woodson and Superbowl/World Series MVP autos.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thank you Mike. I got a call today, next visit is next Friday. I was hoping it would be early next week but as long as its next week. Then I'll probably start chemo the following week.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast