Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

See again you assume AS ALWAYS.I did not complain I simply pointed out your short comings.I am trying to figure out if you have anything to talk about.All I keep reading is preaching and contradiciton.
    So....you won't tell me why you believe in god, but you're here complaining that we can't have a discussion?

OK.

We've got nothing to talk about then.

SCF Rewards
    Country

AJ if you're not going to stay on topic then we can't discuss.

The topic here is about the belief/disbelief of god.

I'd genuinely like to hear why you believe in god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

FUnny you want answers but won't ever give them to me or anybody for that matter.I would love to hear you answer a question without a question or an assumption.I will voice my opinion in this thread until I am told by a moderator that what I say is not allowed or off topic.That is what is great about the P&R board now we have more of a voice.
    AJ if you're not going to stay on topic then we can't discuss.

The topic here is about the belief/disbelief of god.

I'd genuinely like to hear why you believe in god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK AJ, how about we compromise.....let's play Quid Pro Quo.

I promise....I swear to YOUR god that I will answer ANY question you pose to me....ANY at all right now.

But you have to promise to answer the question at hand: Why do you believe in god?

That sounds like more than a fair deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ALex how about this I will answer your question if we make a trade."whats that you ask" a trade let us trade you know cards or sports related items.I will answer every question you would like answered if you can prove to me your not on this web site to just jar emotions and spread your crusade of the world of Alex.NOW THAT IS A FAIR DEAL. So what do you collect fella shoot me pm we can set something up
    OK AJ, how about we compromise.....let's play Quid Pro Quo.

I promise....I swear to YOUR god that I will answer ANY question you pose to me....ANY at all right now.

But you have to promise to answer the question at hand: Why do you believe in god?

That sounds like more than a fair deal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You're a funny guy AJ, I like that about you.

But the deal stands as is.

I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes as you amuse me.I knew the thought of a trade would stop you right in your tracks.Because of course you use othjer web sites and don't trade here which would be why the 0 feedback score shows and 3 thousand posts.I just find it funny EVERYONE AND I MEAN EVERYONE has trades and still is very active on the P&R board.You just lay on the P&R and nothing else.Does make we wonder.And look at that I have proof which you love.
    You're a funny guy AJ, I like that about you.

But the deal stands as is.

I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Is there anything else other than god which you take this same approach?

Because if there isn't then why is it only god that merits this approach?

What approach? It's a fact. Knowledge kills belief. Belief exists only where knowledge is lacking. It has absolutely nothing to do with God. Don't be distracted.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

#1 Why do you believe or NOT believe in God? Think very carefully and honestly before answering, try to give me the real reason why you believe or not believe in god, remember on the internet you are anonymous on here, we don't know who you are.

alex, this is nearly impossible, but here I go.

all the things I have ever studied or been exposed to lead me to believe there is a god.
    I have had several personal experiences that I have still not figured out, and all fingers point to a god as the answer.
    human life and the universe cannot be explained without many unknowns.
    humans have always had some form of religion.
    religion has influenced all that is human, since recorded history.
    all religions and science have many things they share.
    44 years of life, 35+ years of study.
    no better answers yet.
    energy
    the idea of its message
    the idea that all derived from a singularity, but its beginning will always be unknown.

and just to make it even, here is some reasons that have nothing to do with why I believe;

my parents or authority figure
    the church
    most of the bible
    reward for being good
    fear of death
    fear of hell
    special privileges
    being right
    fitting in
    ease of answers to hard questions

#2 Suppose that God really does exists, why do you believe or not believe that humans can interpret his will?

this is a hard one,
    I believe we can understand the basic premise of god.
    being we are of free will, we cannot understand something that does not exist.
    we can not understand god nor the reasons, or way god works, or came from, or even what god really is.
    we can be somewhat in tune with our "nature", which in turn can put us in a position to recognize god more in our daily life
    we can strive to understand god, though impossible, it is not a waste of time

#3 If you believe in god, why do you believe that he is good?

I don't believe in a "he" god, in fact it would be more plausible, if god was a gender, to be female.
    back to the question,
    good is a relevant term, so god being good, depends on your idea of good and bad.
    I think our "nature" is love, which is good, but love also can hurt real good and can be bad. but just like we cannot blame "love" itself for being good or bad, it is always the human part that makes it what it is, not the love.
    when we forget to apply the human factor to anything, we are leaving out a huge part. we have messed a lot of things up and always will, it is part of being human, not part of god.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex I take it your week of silence means we are not making a trade or getting down to my religious views.DARN I TRIED

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast