Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Can an atheist talk about God?

I tried to have an earnest discussion with alex, but he wouldn't let that happen for some reason. I want to know why you don't believe in God. I don't want comparisons to Santa that we've all heard before. If you make life decisions based solely on Santa, something is wrong with you.

So why is there no God in your world?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That title should say atheist. Something happened.

Edit: Thank you. Any atheists want an actual discussion? Any?
    Last edited by Wickabee; 01-18-2014 at 12:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I can ask you the same question. Why do believers not believe in any of the other creationist stories or Gods? And "I believe in something else." is not a valid response.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you follow the teachings of Christ then I want to see you actually do as he says, not as you choose to do. That is my biggest beef with Christianity in general, I know atheists with more Judaeo-Christian values them most Christians and that's sad. I can use science to explain the concept of a god/heavens/ghosts and the like more than I can use science to disprove any of it hence while I am not a firm believer in a traditional way I do believe that there is something "out there" we as a species just are not worthy yet to discover what that is.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Only two replies before the thread goes off topic and starts bashing Christians.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I can ask you the same question. Why do believers not believe in any of the other creationist stories or Gods? And "I believe in something else." is not a valid response.

That is already being asked and atheists are getting high fives and back slaps.

I explained why I believe in God using anything but that answer, and received hatred for it. I have yet to see an atheist on these boards enter a real honest conversation. No change with this post. Just an aggressive message saying theists are wrong. Is Santa really all you guys have?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you follow the teachings of Christ then I want to see you actually do as he says, not as you choose to do. That is my biggest beef with Christianity in general, I know atheists with more Judaeo-Christian values them most Christians and that's sad. I can use science to explain the concept of a god/heavens/ghosts and the like more than I can use science to disprove any of it hence while I am not a firm believer in a traditional way I do believe that there is something "out there" we as a species just are not worthy yet to discover what that is.

So the question was "why don't you believe in God?" and your answer is you see bad theists out there, so there must be no God?

That's like blaming the waitress for burned food.

So far I've seen one aggressive atheist with no answer and blaming God for what people do.

I guess the answer to my question is no. Atheists can't talk about God. If they could, they would.

Now that my point is made, stop treating theists like idiots, please. The only idiots are the ones who won't discuss, only attack.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Sitting back reading all the threads I am going to put my 2 cents in and say Yes Santa and the Easter Bunny is all they have.I also think there is a cult forming instead of card traders LMAO.
    That is already being asked and atheists are getting high fives and back slaps.

I explained why I believe in God using anything but that answer, and received hatred for it. I have yet to see an atheist on these boards enter a real honest conversation. No change with this post. Just an aggressive message saying theists are wrong. Is Santa really all you guys have?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Sitting back reading all the threads I am going to put my 2 cents in and say Yes Santa and the Easter Bunny is all they have.I also think there is a cult forming instead of card traders LMAO.

I already changed the Santa/Easter Bunny narrative to the 1000's of other "Gods" put out there to believe in. No one wants to admit their DISBELIEF in those. I wonder why?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I didn't want atheists bashed in here, but if they can't even come up with a thoughtful response (1: "I could ask YOU the same thing!" 2: "Religious people do bad things and are hypocritical so I think there's no God.") why start so many fights?

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast