Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CCW (141)
    Country

Planning for Swisher at Akron this week? I'm torn. He's a real pain. I may drive down regardless. Pm me if you go.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can use a Herrmann Chrome auto. Pm me. I'm in Strongsville and graph thr Indians regularly. You got lucky with the Santana. He's a d.

Yeah, I got lucky to get Santana, but the day in general kind of sucked. PM your address, and you can have a Herrmann.

Planning for Swisher at Akron this week? I'm torn. He's a real pain. I may drive down regardless. Pm me if you go.

No interest in seeing Swish in Akron...I don't like him as a player or as a person, plus he hates signing. Not worth the drive for someone I don't like!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CCW (141)
    Country

I hate him, too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Spent the past couple days down in Dayton with some family, where I went to a Dodgers/Reds game as well as a Dayton Dragons game. Had some fun, got some autographs, watched some baseball...all around a great time. Started with the Reds game on Wednesday, where I focused on the Dodgers...

Andre Ethier 2/4 Cards

That was it; Dee Gordon signed for a few kids, Chone Figgins signed some (but I didn't need him), and Kershaw jumped around, side-paneling baseballs in black Sharpie. Meh...oh well, still had a great time and got a former All-Star.

Then last night, I went to see the Bowling Green Hot Rods against the Dayton Dragons. Neither team has that much prospect fire-power, but I still got quite a few autos and had a good time. Lot more quantity than the MLB game...

Scott Brattvet 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Daniel Pigott 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Avain Rachal 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Dan Langfield 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Sebastian Elizalde 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Amir Garrett 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Luis Bolivar 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Jon Matthews 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Carlton Daal 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Joe Hudson 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Jamodrick McGruder 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Tanner Rahier 1/1 Team Logo 8x10 (and a pic with)
    Jeff Gelalich 2/2 Card, Program
    Phil Ervin 1/1 Card (and a pic with)
    Nick Travieso 4/4 Cards (and a pic with)

What a difference it is doing A ball instead of MLB or even AAA/AA ball that I'm used to! The guys all came right over and signed without even being asked. Was a lot of fun, and I ended up with quite a few high draft picks like Travieso, Ervin, and Gelalich.

All-in-all, had a great week...also got a box of 2014 Pro Debut, and a locker name plate from Neftali Soto's time with the Reds that I'll hopefully be getting some ink on next time Louisville's in town!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Care to sell any or all of your Julio urias topps pro debut cards , if you got any ??? If so PM me

QUOTE=lambeauleap87;13433880]Spent the past couple days down in Dayton with some family, where I went to a Dodgers/Reds game as well as a Dayton Dragons game. Had some fun, got some autographs, watched some baseball...all around a great time. Started with the Reds game on Wednesday, where I focused on the Dodgers...

Andre Ethier 2/4 Cards

That was it; Dee Gordon signed for a few kids, Chone Figgins signed some (but I didn't need him), and Kershaw jumped around, side-paneling baseballs in black Sharpie. Meh...oh well, still had a great time and got a former All-Star.

Then last night, I went to see the Bowling Green Hot Rods against the Dayton Dragons. Neither team has that much prospect fire-power, but I still got quite a few autos and had a good time. Lot more quantity than the MLB game...

Scott Brattvet 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Daniel Pigott 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Avain Rachal 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Dan Langfield 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Sebastian Elizalde 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Amir Garrett 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Luis Bolivar 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Jon Matthews 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Carlton Daal 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Joe Hudson 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Jamodrick McGruder 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Tanner Rahier 1/1 Team Logo 8x10 (and a pic with)
    Jeff Gelalich 2/2 Card, Program
    Phil Ervin 1/1 Card (and a pic with)
    Nick Travieso 4/4 Cards (and a pic with)

What a difference it is doing A ball instead of MLB or even AAA/AA ball that I'm used to! The guys all came right over and signed without even being asked. Was a lot of fun, and I ended up with quite a few high draft picks like Travieso, Ervin, and Gelalich.

All-in-all, had a great week...also got a box of 2014 Pro Debut, and a locker name plate from Neftali Soto's time with the Reds that I'll hopefully be getting some ink on next time Louisville's in town![/QUOTE]

SCF Rewards
    Country

Care to sell any or all of your Julio urias topps pro debut cards , if you got any ??? If so PM me

That one is probably going to be mailed his way as a TTM request, sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Put in a very long day in Columbus today with the Buffalo Bisons in Columbus for a day game today. All things told, I put ten hours in today (figuring in drive time) and came away with something like thirty signatures. Got some cool stuff, got to hang out with jimfalbo21 and oucats02 today, too.

John Stilson 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Deck McGuire 1/1 Team Logo 8x10
    Nick Hagadone 1/1 Indians Team Ball
    TJ House 1/1 Indians Team Ball
    Danny Salazar 1/1 Indians Team Ball
    Andy Laroche 1/1 Card
    Gary Allenson 1/1 Card (given to me by another 'grapher)
    CC Lee 1/1 Card
    Jose Ramirez 2/2 Cards (re-did my one from earlier in the year)
    Kyle Drabek 2/2 Cards
    Luis Ayala 2/2 Cards
    AJ Jimenez 2/2 Cards
    Randy St. Claire 1/1 Card
    Kevin Pillar 1/3, 2/2 Cards
    Ryan Goins 1/1 Card
    Sean Nolin 1/1 Card
    Jared Goedert 1/1 Game-Used Bat
    Aaron Sanchez 3/3 Cards, Team Logo 8x10

(Also has Mike Nickeas and Tommy Hottovy on it from last year)

So, yeah, a pretty good day all things equal. Also heard that one of the other guys got my Mike Nickeas card signed for me, so I'll get that next time I'm down. Yay for me, but I'm exhausted after a long day.

My Indians team ball is DONE! Hagadone was the last one, minus Terry Francona, who I may never get to add. Not too worried about it. Also glad to have got my Jared Goedert game-used bat signed after having that for awhile. Again, claps for me.

Finally, my experience today with Aaron Sanchez was one that shows just how fluky getting autographs can be. The gates opened early on-a-whim thanks to "Senior Citizen" day, and I was the only 'grapher in the stadium for fifteen minutes. Aaron had just finished warming up, and I asked him to sign. He came over and signed my logo sheet. I asked if he'd mind signing a card or two for me as well: "Sure, man, no problem." Had a nice conversation with him while getting my cards out, he signed both of them, told me to have a nice day, and went back to the clubhouse. After the game, when there was a decent sized crowd, he took one look on everybody and got on the bus, ignoring everyone. Crazy how different things can be, but I was thrilled to have such a positive interaction. Made for a great day!

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of the least pleasant teams in baseball, the Pawtucket Red Sox, were in town last night for the start of a four game series. Just like the Major League affiliate in Boston, these guys, for the most part, are not fans of signing. Still had a strong night with 25 autographs, though.

Danny Salazar 1/1 Card (he hugged me after he signed it. No, I don't know why.)
    Giovanny Urshela 1/1 Card
    CC Lee 1/1 Card
    Zach McAllister 3/3 Cards
    Garin Cecchini 1/2 Cards
    Mike Carp 2/2 Cards (rehabbing)
    Devin Marrero 1/2 Cards, 1/1 Card
    Allen Webster 1/1 Card (very unpleasant)
    Andres Torres 3/3 Cards
    Corey Brown 1/1 Card ("I hate these four player cards...")
    Mike McCoy 1/1 Card
    Ryan Roberts 3/3 Cards (started raining when he came over, ruined two of them)
    Travis Shaw 2/2 Cards
    Justin Henry 2/2 Cards

One of my friends got the Nickeas signed for me after I left when Buffalo was here, and I got that last night, so that's why it's scanned.

So, all-in-all, it was a pretty strong night. Anthony Ranaudo ignored twice, quite a few guys wouldn't do it, and other guys were having none of it after the game. But I think I did pretty well all things considered. Added quite a few World Series Champions to my collection, a few top prospects, and a couple other cool Indians cards. For what I was expecting, twenty-five was a GREAT night, but it could've been better.

Edit: And after last night, I'm up to 279 autographs that I've gotten myself in person in 2014. Not bad at all!
    Last edited by lambeauleap87; 07-07-2014 at 12:39 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Former Tigers great Justin Henry!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

Posting to roll this over to a new page for new scans.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast