Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the*cup's Items on eBay

Must read article on NHLPA decision!

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/i...ing-adam-larry

Personally happy to Ice back in full :)

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

First thing out of Larry's mouth is the exclusive is NOT something the NHLPA was looking for. I didn't read another word after that first sentence.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Interesting interview with Cardboard Connection and the NHLPA Director of Licensing. We should expect less products...really?

Even more interesting is this gem of a comment:
    (Panini) did put out some good products. It was a very tough decision. We felt that some collectors will be very upset, or somewhat upset, so we made what we thought was the best decision for the industry. At the end of the day, the hockey card market will have a new focus and just one manufacturer.

Did I misinterpret this? The NHLPA knew the exclusive deal would upset collectors, so they decided to go ahead with it? *Facepalm*

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm only upset that ITG didn't get a shot at licensing. I'm not sure why they've been blacklisted but I will continue to support them anyways. I'll NEVER buy another box of UD again.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Interesting interview with Cardboard Connection and the NHLPA Director of Licensing. We should expect less products...really?

Even more interesting is this gem of a comment:

Did I misinterpret this? The NHLPA knew the exclusive deal would upset collectors, so they decided to go ahead with it? *Facepalm*

Can't please all of the people all of the time. The varying comments in this thread are demonstrative of how wide a range of opinions people have.

Yes, dumping Panini would anger some collectors.

But how many more would be angered if UD were dumped?

They say that they didn't go into this with an eye towards an exclusive but when you look at the landscape for most of the other sports you have to question the veracity of that statement. If it was to be one or the other, they went with the one that will alienate fewer people.

But I still don't like the decision.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The NHLPA...the players, don't care about fans as long as we keep going to games and buying merchandise...they care about $$$$.....

I like variety, some U.D products, some Panini, especially Prizm, Certified, and Titanium rc's....oh well...forgot Crown Royale...guess I like rainbows and die-cuts...:/

Monopoly's are always bad imho
    Last edited by mooneyes; 02-27-2014 at 10:48 PM.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

That's pretty disappointing. Dominion is my fav product. I got back into collecting in the mid 2000's when it was upper deck exclusive and at first I thought it was great. After that deal expired and other companies began producing cards again I kinda just shrugged, however, overtime I found myself buying more products from these companies then UD. Now it's going back to just UD and I feel like its a let down as a collector. It will defiantly save me money tho.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (23)
    Country

I'm only upset that ITG didn't get a shot at licensing. I'm not sure why they've been blacklisted but I will continue to support them anyways. I'll NEVER buy another box of UD again.

If I had to guess, it's probably because ITG didn't bite on the bullcrap, money-grabbing "offer" the NHLPA made when they knew the lockout was coming.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

Extremely disappointed about this. I assumed UD would be a part of a deal, but I also figured that either ITG or Panini would get a chance. I'm starting to hate Upper Deck more than EA Sports lately....
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country

I feel now .... that starting next year, people will actually be able to complete most player collections, especially if starting with someone from next years rookie crop. Lets face it .... Panini way over did it with their parallels, to the point where I know I would have never tried to "super collect" anyone from 10/11 - 13/14.

Upper Deck Monopoly = meh

Panini Monopoly = worst case scenario

IMO, ITG never had a shot at it. Im not sure why anyone is that surprised ITG didnt get a license .... I can under the frustration tho behind it, as they make some great products.

Overall. I am happy with Upper Deck having the monopoly. Maybe the last few years has "scared" Upper Deck into putting out more quality in their products. Of the 2, I mainly only buy UD wax, and UD singles ( not including ITG in this ).

I feel this decision wont effect my collecting habits one bit, where as if this went the other way ..... I think everything would change
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast