Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

TEAM USA Basketball Hotel in Chicago?

I've never tried graphing at hotels in Chicago, but I figured I might as well try when TEAM USA basketball comes to town August 14-16. Does anyone know which hotel the team will be at? The Westin on Michigan Ave seems like the surest bet but I just wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. Also, a nice consolation would be to know where the Toronto Blue Jays are staying in Chicago this weekend when they play the White Sox. I want to try to graph TEAM USA outside of the hotel Friday and maybe the Blue Jays too if they stay at the same hotel. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Since today is Aug 14, surf like crazy on the NBA website tonight. They usually have tons of Team USA photo galleries. A lot of times, they have player arrivals or interviews in the lobby of the hotel. I found out the Team USA hotel in another city this way. If you're lucky, you can hit 'em up Aug 15-16.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thans for the help LakersMC! Using photos and videos is a great way to figure out where they are staying, I never even thought of that. Sure enough, there is a picture on the USA Basketball Facebook page but I can't tell what hotel it is yet. I figured out that the team is practicing at Quest MultiSport Complex in Chicago today from 11-1:30 and tomorrow from 12-2:30 if anyone else is looking for that information. They also are doing an appearance at the World Basketball Festival at Jackson Park today at 7 and tomorrow at 4. Thanks again for your help!

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

I'm going to try to get to the Festival on Friday
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I have not did a load of NBA guys. I did want to pass a quick tip. The few times I went I had tried to get cards of the guys in college and in pro uniforms. I did better getting two than just one that way than the guys I went down with.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

Did you guys get anything in Chitown?

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

I was going to go down on Friday, but ended up not going. The traffic to try to get to the city is bad most days, Friday's are even worse. I tried finding out who would be there, but Nike wouldn't say/didn't know. I saw a picture from the Thursday festivities, and they had the whole team there, but up on an elevated stage, so you wouldn't be able to get to anyone. It looked like three players went on Friday, DeMar DeRozan was one of them, and they were either doing clinics or watching young people practice and giving tips.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I tried to graph at their practice on Thursday, but security was pretty tight. They made us wait on the curb outside of the property, so all we could do was call out players names. On top of that, the bus pulled up right in front of the players exit, so the players couldn't even see us. I should have went again on Friday, as Steph Curry and a few other players did the ice bucket challenge right around where I was standing the day before. I didn't have time to go down to the festival either.