Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree that the hype is a little out of control at this point. Crosby has been well over a point per game player his entire career. Even as an 18-19 year old rookie. I will pay 150-200 for the mackinnon whenever it hits that point.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

At first, yes.

Again, as time goes by, sale and book values will settle a bit lower. I feel like the beginning values are based on hype, expectation, and what the player has done so far.

If MacKinnon burst on the scene and got 82 points in 82 games, sure. He did not (63 points in 82 games).

People have been raving about this guy the same way as they did Crosby. I would never go that far. That's why I feel that a possible value of $400 is a bit of a reach. If this is the value, I will not be paying that much. I try to buy at one-third BV whenever possible, or try to do a cards + cash deal simply because I don't have the inventory or resources to do so

I think Stamkos (23 goals as a rookie v. Mackinon's 24) is a good comparison. If I remember correctly, Stamkos FWA have sold between $135 and $235 over the past 5 years. So I slot it in there. I think offering 1/3 book value is a bit low (in my opinion, 1/2 BV is usually appropriate, unless its a patch auto or something with variable.) So if they book at $400-450, $133-150 might be about right for a selling point, but that would have to be on the very low end and probably closer to 6 months post release.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes. I am sure by next fall if Mackinnon is not hot out of the gate you will be able to pick it up for 30-50% of the release date market price.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

MW, I may have to wait that long because I need to save up LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

MW, I may have to wait that long because I need to save up LOL

right now is the worst time to buy Mackinnon but excellent time to sell him. Wait until next year to pick up some Mackinnons

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

right now is the worst time to buy Mackinnon but excellent time to sell him. Wait until next year to pick up some Mackinnons

I will only be getting his SP Authentic rookie. That will be expensive enough LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

yes I want his SPA rookie & ultimate

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs

yes I want his SPA rookie & ultimate

MW,

I love SP Authentic but I do shudder to think what these rookie cards will cost me. I am thinking 'double the rookies, double the price'.

I have many SP Authentic rookies. Check my bucket and let me know what you think via PM.

Tony

SCF Rewards
    Country

i also love the sp authentic limited future watch patches. So nice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See auktions_welpe's Items on eBay

i also love the sp authentic limited future watch patches. So nice

I love them too :)

http://jalbum.net/de/browse/user/album/1309836

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast