Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

"Typical Montreal!" Who knew Laviolette was right all along. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

C'mon Richard, it wasn't dicey at all. He was hurled into the net and was making his way out of the net and away from the crease. When you take a good look at the replay, there really wasn't any contact at all. There was a slight selling by Price if there was anything.

I don't like referees controlling the outcomes of games, especially when the decision is critical and the referee is wrong.

You cannot belly-ache on a series of missed Habs calls during the year, and then say that this call makes up for it all.

You know it, I know it, and the Canadian people know it.

Read what Kerry Fraser had to say in his column today. He supports the referees call as being 100% by the book , including an effective counter to of any the "Yeah Buts" that you Hab Haters care to dream up.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have no dog in this fight, my dog has his hands full with an unruly bear from Boston.

What was called last evening, was not in the spirit of the game. Players decide outcomes, not referees, so please put your Tin Hat back on the shelf.

In terms of Kerry Fraser? Kerry is still a member of a very strong fraternity, that being NHL Referees. Yes, he is paid for his opinion, but he is not about to throw one of his own kind under any bus, anytime soon.

If the call was based on referee perception, then the referee should have at least allowed himself to look at the video thoroughly. He was adamant, and it placed a great game in jeopardy from that point onward.
    Last edited by centrehice; 04-21-2014 at 06:11 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Despite the fact that I haven't seen the call (somehow), the fact that a number of devout Habs fans have told me it was a bad call is all I need to know. Doesn't matter what Kerry Fraser or anyone else says, if die-hard Canadiens fans are willing to tell me it was a bad call in their favour, I can guarantee it was a bad call.

Edited: Now that I have seen the play.... why would that not be a goal? I can fully admit to not liking the Habs, but that's crazy.
    Last edited by cygnusx1; 04-21-2014 at 06:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have no dog in this fight, my dog has his hands full with an unruly bear from Boston.

What was called last evening, was not in the spirit of the game. Players decide outcomes, not referees, so please put your Tin Hat back on the shelf.

In terms of Kerry Fraser? Kerry is still a member of a very strong fraternity, that being NHL Referees. Yes, he is paid for his opinion, but he is not about to throw one of his own kind under any bus, anytime soon.

If the call was based on referee perception, then the referee should have at least allowed himself to look at the video thoroughly. He was adamant, and it placed a great game in jeopardy from that point onward.

Even Bob MacKenzie agreed that the call was made per the rule and I don't think he was an official. Maybe the rule needs to be tossed out as bad but the ruling on the ice was correct. Cheers and good luck against Schlitzie Lucic.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Bob McKenzie is a fat guy that came out of nowhere 25 years ago as a previous Newspaper editor, professing that he is a know-it-all in terms of Hockey. Bob McKenzie's opinion means nothing to me. He is paid to tell you that he thinks he knows everything.,

I have played more Hockey in one week than that slob has played in his entire life. Bob Mckenzie is a journalist, I am a Hockey player.

Were that Bobby Orr or Ken Dryden defending the referee, I might be inclined to listen with greater intent.
    Last edited by centrehice; 04-21-2014 at 06:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bob McKenzie is a fat guy that came out of nowhere 25 years ago as a previous Newspaper editor, professing that he is a know-it-all in terms of Hockey. Bob McKenzie's opinion means nothing to me. He is paid to tell you that he thinks he knows everything.,

I have played more Hockey in one week than that slob has played in his entire life. Bob Mckenzie is a journalist, I am a Hockey player.

Were that Bobby Orr or Ken Dryden defending the referee, I might be inclined to listen with greater intent.

Wow, do you ever get splinters in your butt riding that high-horse?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

I think it was a good goal....and I agree that refs shouldn't be deciding the outcome of a games but with that being said, thus far in this series, Montreal is really dominating the Lightning and bluntly put, they need to play much better to win games in this series or in any playoffs series for that matter.

It's also worth saying that the Habs had a call go against them as well when the whistle was blown on a TB penalty even though the Lightning had not touch the puck...right before it was buried in the net. In any sport that involves Refs or judges there will always be an element of human error. Sometimes it goes against you, sometimes it goes with you, it's unfortunately part of the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habs1909_2009's Items on eBay

Big game tonight, time to send them bolts golfin!

GO HABS GO
    1- P.K Subban - Vlad Guerrero (Expos)
    2- Montreal Canadiens Centennial auto'd (current count: 125)
    3- Brian Gionta 10-11 Panini Certified Mirror Emerald, Black and Big men jersey auto
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Briere opens it up early for the Habs!!!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast