Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I know that NBC likes matinees and I've watched several of them throughout the season...but it's mighty unusual to see the Habs playing at this hour of the day. Happens maybe 1-2 times per season tops, and during playoffs historically CBC has pushed for the Canadian teams to get the prime time slots on Saturday nights.

The game last week stared at 9:00am on Saturday out here on the left coast. They should be a little more astute.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

US College Basketball bracketing nonsense? I would have called it "a return to a divisional playoff format, like the NHL had, before it copied the NBA's silly 1-through-8 thing".

The only thing I'd change about the system, is I'd ditch the wild cards. While they didn't have any effect on the seeds this year.... they could have. If Detroit had finished ahead of Columbus in the regular season standings, they would have switched "brackets" (or whatever you want to call it) crossing over to play with the other division. If Detroit and Toronto had finished ahead of Columbus, one would have joined the other division's bracket.... letting 5 teams from one, and 3 from the other, make it.

I don't think the Wild Card thing is needed, at all (it only serves to keep more teams in the race longer... which is the root of the 3-point game farce, the shootout, etc).

Overall though, love the switch. It's going to mean division rivals have to play each other in the post season on a regular basis. Think about it. If Boston and Montreal remain strong teams (in their division) they are going to be playing each other EVERY year, until one really falters. Look at the Pacific.... SJ / LA / ANA: They have to go through each other before they get to do battle with anyone else. I think that's great.

When the league was smaller.... before the glory of the Original 21.... I get that everyone was lumped into one big pool together. The 80s and early 90s though, once their were more teams (16, in total, making the playoffs) they did divisional first.

What do you guys think of this US College Basketball bracketing nonsense?

If Columbus somehow wins, or anyone with less points than the Habs, they should not have to play Boston immediately. I don't like it one bit.

Why have a regular season if it means you have to play a much higher team than you are suppose to. This sucks for both teams if you ask me.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Should also add: Stupid penalties, and worrying too much about Subban's antics are going to do the Bruins in. I've got Habs in 6.

BANNED

Country

Oops, hit the wrong 2 numbers. Boston in 5 perhaps 6.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

My point, thank you!

US College Basketball bracketing nonsense? I would have called it "a return to a divisional playoff format, like the NHL had, before it copied the NBA's silly 1-through-8 thing".

The only thing I'd change about the system, is I'd ditch the wild cards. While they didn't have any effect on the seeds this year.... they could have. If Detroit had finished ahead of Columbus in the regular season standings, they would have switched "brackets" (or whatever you want to call it) crossing over to play with the other division. If Detroit and Toronto had finished ahead of Columbus, one would have joined the other division's bracket.... letting 5 teams from one, and 3 from the other, make it.

I don't think the Wild Card thing is needed, at all (it only serves to keep more teams in the race longer... which is the root of the 3-point game farce, the shootout, etc).

Overall though, love the switch. It's going to mean division rivals have to play each other in the post season on a regular basis. Think about it. If Boston and Montreal remain strong teams (in their division) they are going to be playing each other EVERY year, until one really falters. Look at the Pacific.... SJ / LA / ANA: They have to go through each other before they get to do battle with anyone else. I think that's great.

When the league was smaller.... before the glory of the Original 21.... I get that everyone was lumped into one big pool together. The 80s and early 90s though, once their were more teams (16, in total, making the playoffs) they did divisional first.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's going to be a heck of a fight between these teams. These are two original six rivals. It's going to go seven games and the winner will be.... which ever team wants it more.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

An excellent chance for an all-Original Six Conference Finals!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

I'm going for Habs in 6 and it all starts tonight!

Rock the sweater people!

... When I wanna gain loyalty and trust I'm starting to straight bust my #8 Prust…

..When I'm feeling like someone needs a levelin' I hit him with a 7-4 Emelin…

When I wanna shut 'em down, put 'em on ice, that's when I rock my three-one Price!

When I give a wink like you can't see me bet you i'm wearing my Roy three-three!

BANNED

Country

Habs doing everything correctly. 2-0 with 2 minutes to play in the 2nd Period. Bruins cannot find space, also too slow.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Great game so far - Price on fire and the renaissance of Rene Bourque continues.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast