Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: My IP Stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See csduncan69's Items on eBay

8/26/16 Bakersfield Blaze vs Stockton Ports

Last regular season home series for the Blaze this season and ever.

Mikey White

Casey Meisner

Grant Holmes - Bet he thought he was done coming here, then the Dodgers traded him.

Richie Martin - Would not sign when coming out to the field. When he does sign it is still only sign 1 item. Signed 1 before game and 1 after. Asked him to sign another card, but he said "only one". It is kind of weird to see someone sign like this in the Cal League. He seems like a good guy after talking to him briefly. If he doesn't like to sign then he might as well take a few more seconds and sign everyone's stuff, then no one will be around to bug him later.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bakersfield Blaze items from August.

Sadly it was revealed that Bakersfield will no longer have a minor league baseball team after this season. Yes, the stadium is old and not up to current standards, but it has a real minor league feel and old-style charm. Now it will sit unused. Even if/when Bakersfield does get another minor league team it will not be at this ballpark. If we do get a team in the future it will be years from now, and a new stadium will have to be built. RIP Sam Lynn Ballpark, and RIP Bakersfield Blaze. In the California League only San Jose has more residents than Bakersfield, so it really is silly that much smaller cities will have a team while we do not. Someone in this city needs to change that and bring the minor leagues back to Bakersfield. In the meantime, hopefully the team can finish their final season with a great playoff run.

Here is what I have gotten from the Blaze lately:

Braden Bishop x 16

Kyle Petty and Austin Wilson

Drew Jackson x 16

Zack Littell 8 x 10 - Has had an awesome season, too bad he doesn't really have any cards out there.

Kyle Petty Batting Glove - I actually found this in the parking lot and it had "Petty" written on it, so I knew who it belonged to. All-star, and post-season all-star.

Comedic Actor Fred Willard signed ball. Mr.Willard has been known to come to Blaze games now and then. This is the first time I've seen him in the stands. Seems like a great guy! This is on a foul ball that I got during the game.
    Last edited by Go Sox; 08-28-2016 at 09:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

8/27/16 Lake Elsinore Storm vs High Desert Mavericks

Since High Desert is losing it's team very soon I wanted to come to a game here and see the stadium before it is locked up for good. It is not a bad place at all, but I guess the location finally killed the team though. It was strange to see them selling everything from cash registers and popcorn machines to rakes and shovels.

Here is how I did at this game.

Josh Naylor

Josh Naylor 8x10

Josh Naylor Ball

Michael Gettys - signed 4 of 5

Ruddy Giron, Zach Lemond & Fernando Perez

League MVP Luis Urias 8x10

Luis Urias ticket stub

Jairo Beras - Cal League MVP for August, & Michael De Leon

Josh Morgan

Brett Martin

SCF Rewards
    Country

9/3/16 Inland Empire 66ers vs Lancaster Jethawks

I decided to make me first trip to see a game in Lancaster. With no team left in Bakersfield this may be my new team and "home" ball park next season. Sadly it is 90 miles from my house. I did want to get a chance to see Kyle Tucker, and with the Astros abandoning California this may be my only chance. Here is what I was able to get on this night.

Kyle Tucker

Kyle Tucker 8x10

Jason Martin

Albert Abreu 8x10 x 2

Taylor Ward and Jeremy Rhoades

Hutton Moyer

Lancaster Jethawks Game-used team signed ball

Ball has:

SCF Rewards
    Country

9/12/16 - Bakersfield Blaze vs Visalia Rawhide

Division playoff series game 3. Sadly this ended up being not only the final Blaze game of the season, but the final game for the franchise ever. It was a pretty sad event once it became clear it was the end. There is a long and amazing story about the team and their final days here. If you have some free time this really is a great read.

I only had a few things to get signed at this game, here they are.

Drew Jackson 8x10

Braden Bishop 8x10

This is a 11x14 I threw together on my lunch break and got printed at Costco.
    Came out looking pretty nice and will serve as a nice souvenir of the last Blaze game ever.

Photo has:

Game-used, team signed ball.

Here is a signature from the Blaze vs Giants playoff win from a few days before. Giants 2016 2nd round pick Bryan Reynolds 8x10.

My next update will be a couple items from the going away sale held by the Blaze.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The 2017 season is here! Despite no longer having a team close to Bakersfield, I will still try to make it to some games on weekends. Let's get it started.

As I mentioned last time, here are a couple signs I purchased at the Blaze going out of business sale.

This one is a 3 foot by 3 foot metal sign.

Last edited by Go Sox; 04-10-2017 at 10:36 PM. Reason: check

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now on to the first games I went to this season....
    4/7/17 Fresno Grizzlies vs. Reno Aces.

Fresno is still a good to for signing, but also returned a lot of players from last season. Sadly they are kind of stuck since Houston is so loaded with players. Reno on the other hand, seemed like a bad team for signing. I had hoped to get Anthony Banda and Braden Shipley, but Banda pitched this game and didn't sign before, which is pretty normal, but he did not stick around to sign after the game either. After the game the entire Reno team, Shipley included, totally ignored everyone who asked them for an autograph as they were leaving the field. Pretty sad.

Here is how I did:

A.J. Reed - A.J. is still a great signer and real nice guy.

Colin Moran and Derek Fisher - Fisher signed 5/8 skipping a couple duplicates I had.

Francis Martes - First time seeing him, was really nice.

From Reno pre-game:

Hank Conger - signed for 2 people, real fast scribble.
    Same deal with Christian Walker, signed so fast it barely shows up on the cards.

I guess it was an ok start to the season, but could've been a lot better. Brought 60 cards, got 20 signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

4/8/17 Lancaster Jethawks vs Visalia Rawhide.

Decided to make my first trip to Lancaster this season, which is of course where Brendan Rodgers will be playing. I've been hoping to see him play since he was drafted a couple years ago. Sadly he is on the DL so he did not play, but at least he was there. The only player I currently have a lot of cards for from Lancaster is Rodgers, just had 2-3 of any others. As for Visalia, they have no highly rated prospects on the team, and no one that I have any cards for.

Here is how I did.

Brian Mundell & Garrett Hampson, both signed 2 of 2.

Brendan Rodgers - Signed 1 per before and after the game. He signed for me first, then said he could only sign 1. He picked the card I would've least liked signed, heh. I will be back though.

Game-used ball

SCF Rewards
    Country

4/21/17 Fresno Grizzlies vs Las Vegas 51's

Small update because I did pretty dang bad on this night. I was hoping to get Amed Rosario and some other guys that I've never seen before. Didn't go quite as planned. Started out well getting Frank Viola to sign a couple cards as he was coming out. Things went downhill quickly from there. Next Gavin Cecchini and Desmond Jennings came out and blew me off. Completely ignored me from 3 feet away. Lame, oh well. Next Amed Rosario ignored me when I asked him for his signature. He did come over to someone else about 15 feet away and start signing. I moved down that way and got in line. He signed 1 for everyone in line except me. When I tried to hand over my card he looked at me and just moved on to the next person. So I moved to the very end of the line, and after everyone in front of me got their photos and baseballs signed I tried again, only to be ignored. After that Dominic Smith came by and was nice enough to sign 2 for me, even though he seemed to be 1 per. That's it pregame.

Post game I went to where the visitors leave the field and tried again. I asked Rosario to sign a ball this time, thinking he didn't want to sign my card, but he blew me off again. Also got blown off and ignored by Cecchini and Jennings again. The only signature I got post game was Jayce Boyd, who was a nice guy. Didn't get anyone from Fresno because I wasted so much time trying for the visitors. It was pretty lame. I am definitely not used to being purposely ignored by so many players. Most of the times I was pretty much the only one there asking them. I'm never rude, always say please and thank you, let kids get their's first and all that. Dunno what gives. These 200 mile round trips are going to get old VERY quickly if I just get a couple sigs and have players treat me like I pissed in their cereal. I am definitely missing having an A+ team in my home town, these AAA guys just seem angry a LOT. Oh well.

Here are the few sigs from last night.

BANNED

Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears
    See gwo311's Items on eBay

nice collection

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast