Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@phillyteamhater See countrygal12284's Items on eBay

Rich Altman's NJ Show next weekend-- Looking for Info

Anyone planning on attending this next weekend? I am about an hour from it and not interested in getting any auto guests but would be going more to buy singles(NOT VINTAGE) or wax, is this show good for that or is it more of a memorabilia/auto signing show like the one GTSM runs. It looks like Rich Altman also runs the Boston Shriners Show which I have been to several years ago when I was in grad school up in Massachusetts and it had lots of card dealers then but just wondering if anyone knows anything more about this show as far as if you are a dealer setting up or if anyone else is planning to go. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm going on Saturday. I've never been to a Rich Altman show, so I'm curious as well. My buddy and I will be making the 1.5 hour trip and REALLY hope they have dealers. We also love vintage and will be after that.

The show does say 200 dealers, so I'm really hoping it's like 150-200. I mean because Russell is the main draw and the rest are not, I hope there is something else to occupy our time.
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I saw it said 200 dealers but unfortunately dealers can mean anything wax, memorabilia, vintage, newer singles or supplies. I don't bother with vintage, memorabilia or auto guests. It is a shorter drive for me than you and have nothing better to do on Saturday so going to check it out and hopefully I am there longer than an hour.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Majority of shows that large have a mix of dealers, so I'm expecting that. I'm just hoping it's worth the drive (I'm getting a Russell auto) and not a disappointment like Steiner Shows.

What do you go to shows for if you don't do vintage, memorabilia or auto guests? Newer stuff?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Majority of shows that large have a mix of dealers, so I'm expecting that. I'm just hoping it's worth the drive (I'm getting a Russell auto) and not a disappointment like Steiner Shows.

What do you go to shows for if you don't do vintage, memorabilia or auto guests? Newer stuff?

Yeah newer stuff and wax. I have been to a GTSM show and it was advertised as a sports memorabilia/card/auto show. But when I got there only 1 table of wax and everything else was memorabilia and supplies, luckily we went the day there was free admission. I will occasionally buy memorabilia too but it's usually Patrick Willis stuff for my husband and he isn't that easy to find stuff for on East coast, most Niners stuff is usually Montana or Rice. I go to Valley Forge show, if it is similar to that with maybe a little less vintage then the past few I will be satisfied. In my mind I am thinking it will be similar to Valley Forge show as they have a few auto guests each day and a mix of dealers(although the last few haven't been so good for what I look for say more 65-35 vintage where at one time it was more 50-50). It's only a 50 some mile drive for us so not a big deal if it isn't that great, was just wondering if anyone else was going or selling there since it's the first time for the show. If anything can fill up the tank at the cheaper NJ prices than in PA.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah newer stuff and wax. I have been to a GTSM show and it was advertised as a sports memorabilia/card/auto show. But when I got there only 1 table of wax and everything else was memorabilia and supplies, luckily we went the day there was free admission. I will occasionally buy memorabilia too but it's usually Patrick Willis stuff for my husband and he isn't that easy to find stuff for on East coast, most Niners stuff is usually Montana or Rice. I go to Valley Forge show, if it is similar to that with maybe a little less vintage then the past few I will be satisfied. In my mind I am thinking it will be similar to Valley Forge show as they have a few auto guests each day and a mix of dealers(although the last few haven't been so good for what I look for say more 65-35 vintage where at one time it was more 50-50). It's only a 50 some mile drive for us so not a big deal if it isn't that great, was just wondering if anyone else was going or selling there since it's the first time for the show. If anything can fill up the tank at the cheaper NJ prices than in PA.

I almost went to the GTSM, but a prior engagement got in the way. I used to only buy newer stuff, but I just don't like the products and the $ it costs for boxes (I do bust Topps Chrome Football, Upper Deck Hockey and SP Authentic Hockey). I have been in to vintage more, but I will say some dealers are VERY tough to deal with.

Well if you go hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

BTW I love your username. I'm about 30 mins from Philly and not a sports fan of that city either!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did you end up going? The show was average. I talked with the dealers and they expected a bigger crowd with the advertising, but foot traffic wasn't there. The autograph lines were pathetic as they barely had anyone.

I did scoop up some nice deals though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We went we got there right at 9 since we were only going for cards, we left by 10:30. we found some $1/$2 GU but that's about it. Nothing worth going for the $7 admission. The wax was overpriced and like I said we don't bother with vintage which was what the majority was for cards. I agree the crowds were low and I thought that was maybe just cause we were there early before auto guests but apparently that did not improve. If they would continue the show we won't be going back. The best deal we did get was getting gas for $3.29 coming home, which is $.40-$.60 cheaper than where we live.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We went we got there right at 9 since we were only going for cards, we left by 10:30. we found some $1/$2 GU but that's about it. Nothing worth going for the $7 admission. The wax was overpriced and like I said we don't bother with vintage which was what the majority was for cards. I agree the crowds were low and I thought that was maybe just cause we were there early before auto guests but apparently that did not improve. If they would continue the show we won't be going back. The best deal we did get was getting gas for $3.29 coming home, which is $.40-$.60 cheaper than where we live.

We got there around 9:45 and the parking lot was empty. I've been to shows there before and I had to park a good distance. I'm going to be very hesitant if they run another show.

Some of the dealers I see at Valley Forge, so I was disappointed in seeing them. Not that I don't like them, but I was hoping to look through some new stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We got there around 9:45 and the parking lot was empty. I've been to shows there before and I had to park a good distance. I'm going to be very hesitant if they run another show.

Some of the dealers I see at Valley Forge, so I was disappointed in seeing them. Not that I don't like them, but I was hoping to look through some new stuff.

We ended up buying from one of the dealers we usually buy from at Valley Forge although I don't think she was at the March one, actually the 3-4 usual dealers we buy from were not at the March one. We usually go to Valley Forge show the 3 times and then rotate every other month going between the Bordentown NJ show and the Newark DE show, they are pretty good and not too bad of a drive, since all the mall shows in PA are awful. We are going to Nationals this year as well so really excited for that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast