Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

This forum is a joke - a sounding board for the super religious right

Honestly, I come here, I read the nonsense people are saying and sharing, and it just makes me sad for humanity.
    Last edited by ravens_creed; 06-22-2014 at 05:31 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's why we should continue to challenge them.

And trust me, having evidence to back our claims is a lot better than their non-evidence.

Edit: grammar
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-22-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Nope, no arrogance here...

SCF Rewards
    Country

There's nothing more arrogant than claiming you KNOW something when you actually can't substantiate said knowledge.

If all theists would just be honest, I can guarantee you there wouldn't be so much vitriol.

Be honest for one second theists....ALL theists...YOU DON'T KNOW if god really exists, you BELIEVE he exists.

And if you really DID know you would be able to properly give credence to such knowledge.

Now as for belief, you are free to believe whatever it is you want, the last thing I or anyone should do is control your thoughts....HOWEVER, when you make your beliefs known, be prepared to be challenged.

I'm fully prepared to address any and all beliefs I currently hold, because I feel that if I can't defend said beliefs, then why should I hold them?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

There's nothing more arrogant than claiming you KNOW something when you actually can't substantiate said knowledge.

I know, like the people that claim God does not exist, but have no way to prove it. Annoying!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know, like the people that claim God does not exist, but have no way to prove it. Annoying!

Wow, what a surprise....a theist uses the old "You're doing the same thing" card.

Sorry but I personally and MANY other atheists are NOT.

I DON'T know if god exists or not, and I've shared that sentiment from the first day I got on this forum.

I am an Agnostic-Atheist, which means I don't claim to know the existence of god, but due to the lack of evidence I choose to BELIEVE he doesn't exist.

And BTW, get this right....

The claim did NOT start with atheists....it started with theists.

If theists didn't exists, neither would atheists.

Atheism is a response to theism.

In other words, theism came first....YOU guys made a claim which you can't substantiate.

If you can't substantiate said claim, why the hell should we go along with it?

My response to your claim is NOT a claim of my own...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll make it simple....

The original claim is the following:

"God exists".

Now, let me ask everyone, is it fair to ask for evidence when someone makes a claim? Yes, I believe it is fair.

So skeptical people said, ok, if god exists, can you show him/her/it to us?

Obviously the people making the claim can't do such a thing, so to shift the goal posts, they said that one has to have "Faith" in order to believe in god.

See, this is fine if you want to believe in god, but you have not done anything in regards to the original claim.

You're saying "God exists" but you can't substantiate the claim....yes, the majority of humans believe in god, but that alone does not make the claim true or valid or anything.

What skeptics are saying is that, in order for us to accept the claim we MUST have something to show the claim is valid, theists have failed to deliver....over and over again.

Skeptics didn't make a claim of their own, they simply answered the claim...."God exists".....well, due to the lack of evidence, I refuse to accept the claim.

^You see, I'm not making a claim of my own, I'm simply responding to the claim.

But you know all of this is made even worst when humans got together and when they got the claim and made an organization out of that claim....religion was born.

And what religion does is not only present the claim as truth, but they impose the claim on others and try to convert others to their side so that their organization can grow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

Great Job!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

not seeing it, a couple worship my god like i do or die but far from most,infact id say the atheist types are far more aggressive and equally closed minded

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Honestly, I come here, I read the nonsense people are saying and sharing, and it just makes me sad for humanity.

Are we talking about the religious views or the political views?? Just to be clear.............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast