Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I was also thinking about pre ordering a box but after seeing those ill pass. I was expecting more especially for $400. With a massive rookie checklist all /99 chances are you get a Jensen type player. There was Jensen, Bournival, Hellberg, Orlov, Raffl and Murray the later 2 are not bad but still. Obviously all cant be Mack, Yak, the Gallys but pulling a one of those in a $400 product sucks.

Another huge blow is that both boxes had a sticker auto in a $400 product!!!! That's inexcusable on Panini's part. The Selanne is a beauty but its a sticker which sucks in a $400 product.

I love the Sakic and Duchene and the rookie design is really nice. The Whole product is awesome. The Crosby is nice but it not Autod and is /50 so its an insert which I don't think will be highly desirable. I was that close to putting a preoder glad I saw this thread and will just pick up any Maatta and Bennett cards.

On another note I would like to eat the words I said above. I have seen a lot of breaks today and I really wish I would have bought a box. I also apologize to Chris I didn't realize the sticker cards were Bonus hits. The word I used in inexcusable was a terrible word to use especially when you don't know the facts. I was wrong and I'm happy I was wrong.

I will make sure I get every Beau Bennett and Olli Maatta cards from this product. Again I was wrong and I apologize to Chris and Panini. I will definitely miss Panini even though it may not sound like it!
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Watching a few cases....A few nice cards and lot of fillers.
    Lot of hoarding of cases as people will get killed opening it.
    Unless you expect people to pay $50 for every jersey card.

Got Edmonton in random...obviously shut out...

People like like like like but no one wants to buy singles after lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-14-Nation...item233fef6226

Funny stuff...

Looks like lot of Americans got majority of cases.
    So scared to put .99 auctions
    All reserves with joke prices

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have a horse in this race but all those cards you have listed are unsold, and two of them have a second colour.

I do agree that busting wax has always been a gamble. No doubt that you have to pay to play and you can only get that huge hit if you keep busting. And there are certainly enough high end cards in the breaks I've seen, most have looked solid.

Ok then. Following your lead, please explain why my analogy is poor? Spending $400+ on a box of hockey cards when you are unsure of what you are getting in return is indeed a GAMBLE, is it not? Much in the way buying lottery tickets is a GAMBLE, is it not? Please tell me this does not need to be explained further, and also, if you're going to complain about people not backing up their thoughts with words, perhaps do the same? You chose to just put the word poor in brackets and didn't explain why.

You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, though I would not say people are entitled to voice their displeasure in a manner befitting a five year old. Constructive criticism is helpful; making invalid claims and saying the product is worthless/garbage/insert uninformed opinion here, however, is not useful in the least.

At least make it consistent among the brands. People are upset about a white JERSEY swatch being used in a high-end release, and yet, I don't recall the furor over these beautiful PATCH cards:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-Paul-Stastny-The-Cup-RC-Rookie-Patch-Auto-23-99-Autograph-/141382086843?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 0eb0770bb

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-The-Cup-Limited-Logos-Zdeno-Chara-Autograph-Auto-LL-ZC-3-50-/380983285790?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 8b45f981e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2010-11-Upper-Deck-The-Cup-Limited-Logos-MARC-ANDRE-FLEURY-Serial-14-of-50-/191286982736?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 c8997b850

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2005-06-Ud-The-Cup-Alex-Tanguay-Colorado-Avalanche-Limited-Logos-16-50-/161389707934?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 59393829e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/08-09-The-Cup-Simon-Gagne-50-Limited-Logos-Auto-PATCH-Flyers-/360860021163?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 404eef1ab

Now, I'm sure someone will argue that I cherry-picked some ebay auctions to find white patches. Of course I did. Perhaps that will give you some perspective as to how absurd it is to point out a single card from a single box break as an example of why a product is worthless.

Sticker autos being an issue in a high-end product? Sure, that's a valid complaint. Oh, wait wait wait! These cards otherwise wouldn't have existed, if not for the sole purpose of loading up the product for you, the collector? Oh Panini, why do I even bother to collect cards? At every turn you intentionally screw me over.

And if anyone is having a panic attack because they spent more on a case of cards than they do for their mortgage, and that is going to cause an issue because you can't recoup your money.... Well then guess what? You need to get your priorities in order.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Note that there is a delay between when items sell on ebay and when they show up in sold item searches so I am positive more than two NT cards have sold, it'll just take some time (about a day typically) before they all show up. No idea if this is a technical limitation at ebay or done on purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

All right people, I'm getting incredibly tired of seeing some of you going out of your way to be disrespectful. I have no issue with those who for whatever reason find shortcomings and express that constructively.

However, I do have a problem with those of you who are coming in here solely to post uninformed, ignorant, rude, and disrespectful comments.

I have cleaned up a number of comments already that served no purpose other than to be disrespectful and negative.

If you have an axe to grind, do it elsewhere.

Infractions have been and will be issued for those comments that cross the line from constructive criticism to outright disrespect.

It doesn't have to be sunshine and unicorns, but have a little class and show some respect. I don't think that's asking for too much.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Ok then. Following your lead, please explain why my analogy is poor? Spending $400+ on a box of hockey cards when you are unsure of what you are getting in return is indeed a GAMBLE, is it not? Much in the way buying lottery tickets is a GAMBLE, is it not? Please tell me this does not need to be explained further, and also, if you're going to complain about people not backing up their thoughts with words, perhaps do the same? You chose to just put the word poor in brackets and didn't explain why.

You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone, though I would not say people are entitled to voice their displeasure in a manner befitting a five year old. Constructive criticism is helpful; making invalid claims and saying the product is worthless/garbage/insert uninformed opinion here, however, is not useful in the least.

At least make it consistent among the brands. People are upset about a white JERSEY swatch being used in a high-end release, and yet, I don't recall the furor over these beautiful PATCH cards:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-Paul-Stastny-The-Cup-RC-Rookie-Patch-Auto-23-99-Autograph-/141382086843?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 0eb0770bb

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2006-07-The-Cup-Limited-Logos-Zdeno-Chara-Autograph-Auto-LL-ZC-3-50-/380983285790?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 8b45f981e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2010-11-Upper-Deck-The-Cup-Limited-Logos-MARC-ANDRE-FLEURY-Serial-14-of-50-/191286982736?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 c8997b850

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2005-06-Ud-The-Cup-Alex-Tanguay-Colorado-Avalanche-Limited-Logos-16-50-/161389707934?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item2 59393829e

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/08-09-The-Cup-Simon-Gagne-50-Limited-Logos-Auto-PATCH-Flyers-/360860021163?pt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&hash=item5 404eef1ab

Now, I'm sure someone will argue that I cherry-picked some ebay auctions to find white patches. Of course I did. Perhaps that will give you some perspective as to how absurd it is to point out a single card from a single box break as an example of why a product is worthless.

Sticker autos being an issue in a high-end product? Sure, that's a valid complaint. Oh, wait wait wait! These cards otherwise wouldn't have existed, if not for the sole purpose of loading up the product for you, the collector? Oh Panini, why do I even bother to collect cards? At every turn you intentionally screw me over.

And if anyone is having a panic attack because they spent more on a case of cards than they do for their mortgage, and that is going to cause an issue because you can't recoup your money.... Well then guess what? You need to get your priorities in order.

Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself, although I don't see how the "entitlement" commentary bridges into someone feeling they somehow deserve to be able to recoup their money on a case purchase - hence the comment that your analogy was poor. I didn't read anything like that on this thread and I'm pretty sure that 99% of the people breaking this stuff are aware of the risks if opening to resell.

Perhaps you read the obviously hyperbolic comments that a card is "worthless" as that person feeling that they are entitled to getting some value out of every card. I think that, in a $400/pack product, it is not unreasonable to expect this. There should be no fillers.

The Cup is vastly overrated by collectors IMO every year and consistently disappoints me. I would complain about it except for the fact that I don't care about it and will never buy into it in its current configuration.

OTOH, NT is packing some serious value into these packs and I would merely have liked to see a few things done differently. I picked up a Martin Brodeur sticker auto in a break last night and was overjoyed - my first pack-pulled Marty auto! Yay! But it would have been better if it had been hard-signed out of NT or pulled from a prior release like Contenders or Prime if it was going to be included as a "bonus"...no one is saying Panini is screwing anybody over by including extra cards, but there apparently are a few of us at least who would only like to see the best of the best coming out of these boxes. That's all - some simple, valid commentary that people shouldn't be afraid to voice.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let me answer that with a simple question:

Do you get mad at the lottery commission when your ticket doesn't win?

Stupid comparison.

We are buying a "product", just like buying a kia, Ford, BMW.
    We expect certain things from these products.
    Buying into group breaks is a lottery.

If you don't think hobby is all about the money...why are stores/distributors jacking up the prices?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stupid comparison.

We are buying a "product", just like buying a kia, Ford, BMW.
    We expect certain things from these products.
    Buying into group breaks is a lottery.

If you don't think hobby is all about the money...why are stores/distributors jacking up the prices?

You call it a stupid comparison, then compare it to something that immediately depreciates in value the second you buy it. Genius.

Buying boxes/cases is indeed similar to the lottery. You can buy a box, and end up with a Glen Murray Auto Patch as your big hit from $100. You can buy a box, and end up with a Nathan MacKinnon 1/1 Auto/Shield as your big hit from $100.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can also agree buying a box of wax is very similar to buying a lotto ticket. Both have stated odds of what the prizes are. A lotto ticket // box of card will state "odds of winning" of certain categories. We all know how probabilities work... you can buy 1 box of cards and get the 1:1500 card, or you can buy 3000 boxes and still be skunked. There is no guarantee's therefore making it a gamble.

You cant have all the boxes breaking even or they would have to make the "prize" much smaller and have much fewer boxes that are greater in value. Basically, in the grand scheme of things it would be no different then having no wax and to have the companies sell the cards individually themselves. This would kill the "excitement / gambling" factor. You need both extremes of the spectrum to in order to balance it out. You need dud boxes//losing lotto tickets and you need the grand prizes.

You cant have a lottery where you are "guaranteed" your money back and therefore a box of wax is the same, you cant "guarantee" that you will break even for what you spend.

On a side note!! These national treasures that Panini has put out are beauties! Some great stuff!
    Last edited by oogabooga99; 08-30-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: adding :)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567