Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

so you wouldn't blame the religion or the parents?
    specific god? how is the word god specific?

Hmm... I'm not sure it would be right to blame a person for being a specific religion that isn't the one referenced in the pledge? Obviously the parents had a hand in having them being allowed to sit during the pledge, but should they have been forced to stand? It just doesn't make sense to me to have any religion referenced in something that goes on in public school in the manner of the pledge. Yes, it's not along the lines of a prayer or sermon or something but I just don't see the point in a public school that could have any number of students following any number of different religions that we are free to follow in this country. It's just a tradition based off of the majority of our citizens being christian. I see no reason to have religious reference in our pledge no matter if kids have to recite it or not. I'd also like to state that I'd have the same opinion if god was replaced with any other religions figures.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It did, but not as much as most of us would have you believe.

In my day JWs and Dukhobors had nothing to do with the National Anthem. We have no pledge because, well we already have an anthem with a tune, why also have a tuneless anthem (which is essentially what the pledge is).

yeah, I would say odds are they got some grief from it... and it's not like as a kid you need any extra ammo for other kids to have to make you feel weird.

I really don't know the point of the pledge. It seems like it was just used for kids to get a sense of an honor for their country. I can't think of any other groups that say the pledge. Maybe there are some groups, but seems mostly for public school kids.

SCF Rewards
    Country

But you just pledged your allegiance to your family and loved ones.

As for me, the last time I saw Christmas Vacation.
    In public? At my daughter's Masters Graduation ceremony.

lol. great scene. grace? she's been dead for 30 years!!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

yeah, I would say odds are they got some grief from it... and it's not like as a kid you need any extra ammo for other kids to have to make you feel weird.

I really don't know the point of the pledge. It seems like it was just used for kids to get a sense of an honor for their country. I can't think of any other groups that say the pledge. Maybe there are some groups, but seems mostly for public school kids.

The odds are 1 in1. I got it from kids, and at least one teacher I sincerely hope is dead from a very painful experience. She was a horrible person, and one of a very very few I use the word hate for.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am curious. Those of you who are "anti" pledge, is it the word God in the pledge that makes you not want to say it? The original version of the pledge was "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Would you have an issue with saying that pledge?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am curious. Those of you who are "anti" pledge, is it the word God in the pledge that makes you not want to say it? The original version of the pledge was "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." Would you have an issue with saying that pledge?

I wouldn't have said it back in school. It goes against the God of Christianity, and I was raised Christian, albeit a fringe group (though currently fastest growing religion in the world).

Now I would, if it meant less trouble, because that is not my God and never was (he's my mother's God) but it would be meaningless to me anyway. I'm just not big on nationalism, or anything else that divides humanity into factions.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 09-12-2014 at 12:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

It goes against the God of Christianity

it does not, how can you write that as if it is a fact, it simply is opinion.

and God does not mean Christian god, it could be any higher power.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

it does not, how can you write that as if it is a fact, it simply is opinion.

and God does not mean Christian god, it could be any higher power.

Because it's not an opinion. It's the word of Christ. I'm not going through this again with you, and I don't know why you are picking this fight again.

And that doesn't matter, as I was talking about the Christian God. If you would READ, you would see these things, but you don't.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

thats fine with me

when did they add the god part?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Because it's not an opinion. It's the word of Christ. I'm not going through this again with you, and I don't know why you are picking this fight again.

And that doesn't matter, as I was talking about the Christian God. If you would READ, you would see these things, but you don't.

no fight, yes opinion, and when did Jesus tell you this? got a video or audio recording of it?

and no I did not forget you saying pledging an alliance with anything other than god is wrong, I just think it is crap and I know it is just an opinion.

Give Caesar what is his = give the earth what is the earths = give man what is mans =give humans what is human = give society what is society's = give my momma what is my momma's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast