Thread: help me please

help me please

hey, my first post here, great board! i need help, i have a set of 99-00 topps gallery - heritage (they feel like canvus, not like a normal card, im not sure if thats signifigant or not)......the thing is, they are all autographed, and i dont think its the players autographs......the set is numbered 122/175. i got this set in the mail from topps a couple years back, and i have always wondered what it is and what its value is. any help would be appriciated.

2. Find Basketball Cards on Kronozio!!
    i think i bought a football pack of that and its just a fake auto the machine sighned it

no, mine seem to be real auto's......and written in gold on the top right hand corner is 122 / 175. anyone know?

again, its not the players auto's.....im thinking maybe the artists' auto. anyway here is a scan of three of the cards from the set (10) shaq, duncan, j. williams. the cards have a camvus texture to them, thats why they look like they do.

mxair2001
    Thats probably it. It is probably the signature of the artist who drew the picture.

mxair2001

This might help.

http://www.topps.com/SportsCollect/B...ssrelease.html

"Certain to get a lot of attention will be Topps Heritage cards, an insert set of 10 players (including Jason Williams, Grant Hill, Shaquille O'Neal and Allen Iverson), done in original art, and presented to capture the look of the classic 1956-57 Topps basketball cards, Topps' first entry into the basketball market. Tied to this insert set will be a Gallery Auction, in which collectors, earning points found on special cards in each pack, can win the original art used in the creation of this set, as well as the printing plates used in its creation. In addition, the top 175 non-winning bids will receive a signed Artist's Proof set, with each card signed by Bill Purdom, the artist, whose work is showcased on the cards."

ive got this set also, i won if off ebay for four dollars because it ended on 9/11... the next time i saw it on ebay it ended at 178 dollars... i was shocked, i love the set but i never knew who the artist was that signed them, thanks for that info.