Thread: UD Predictor ripoff?

UD Predictor ripoff?

Hey guys. long time reader, first time poster.

anyway, I just received my redemption cards for the MVP predictor and ROY predictor from 2005 rookie debut (i had both cadillac and alexander.) The cards i got were a shane lyman exquisite auto #'d to 150 and a ciatrick fason exquisite auto #'d to 199. Was anyone else under the impression that the predictor cards were supposed to give you autos of the players they pictured?! I cant help but feel ripped off.

I called upper deck this morning and they guy on the phone told me theyve been getting A LOT of phonecalls about it, but no one seems to know whats going on or what they could tell me. Only took my name and phone number and said theyd be getting back to me. Upon reading the back of my LT mvp predictor it does read "you will receive (1) nfl autographed card." No mewntion of the actual player... This is extremely misleading if you ask me....

thoughts? opinions?

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    yeah.....UD isn't the best place for redemptions. They probably throw all the cards they never send to people into that catagory and send 'em out. (hopefully that wasn't confusing)

I remember reading in an older issue of Beckett that UD didn't guarantee that the autos received would be of the player(s) who were named MVP/ROY. I think it is a complete CROCK!

Before reading that, I was certainly under the impression that you would receive Alexander and Cadillac.

This just confirms why I didnt purchase an Alexander MVP predictor via ebay.
    After seeing the auction, I went to find a Corey Dillon MVP predictor that I pulled. After reading exactly what you described..."you will receive (1) nfl autographed card." and noting that UD did leave this kinda open-ended, I decided against purchasing on eBay. Glad I passed, but feel for you.
    Yes, it is misleading.

POSSIBLY misleading. If it was to be of the player on the card wouldnt it say something like.

You will receive one autograph from the award winner.

Something like that.

my 2 cents.
    Jay

I would agree with pr0phet. The fact that it says "A" NFL autographed card leaves it open to send "A" NFL autographed card from whomever they choose.

whoa... this thread was over a year old....

might as well let you guys know how it panned out:

I called upper deck and explained the situation. The guy on the other line told me he had received a bunch of other calls about it and that they were gonna try and make people happy. about a month later i get an envelope from upper deck containing one of the highest value cards ive ever received...

A Shawne Merriman Exquisite Rookie Signature... a card Ive kept to this very day.

Despite all the crap that I've pulled from their boxes, I cant slam their customer service from my own experience.