Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Wolves sign Ricky Rubio to a 4 year $56 million extension

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...ract-extension

With three hours to go before the midnight deadline Friday, Ricky Rubio and the Minnesota Timberwolves agreed to terms on a contract extension, the team announced.

Rubio has secured a four-year extension worth $56 million that will kick in starting with the 2015-16 season.

"I am happy to be staying with the Wolves and look forward to many successful seasons in Minnesota," Rubio said in a statement issued Friday night. "Our fans have been great and I am excited to be able to play in front of them for many years. I will continue to work hard to improve my game and help our team get better.

"I was talking with my agents, and I told them I really wanted to stay here," Rubio told The Associated Press in a phone interview late Friday night. "I told them to make something work. At the end of the day it did happen, and I'm happy about it."

With an annual salary in the $14 million range, Rubio's new contract features essentially the same per-season rate as Eric Bledsoe's recent five-year, $70 million deal with the Phoenix Suns.

"You're getting paid more, you have to earn it,'' Rubio said. "You have to show why you're getting paid this money. Of course there's going to be extra pressure. I wanted to be more of a leader and take this team to another level."

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

I was a little surprised to the dollar amount as reports were that he wanted a max deal