Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually, as a high school teacher (in a really great school board too), media literacy is a core component of all English classes. I teach media literacy. Thanks for helping me see the light, though. I had no idea that Fox News wasn't reliable.

If you possess that little objectivity you should resign your job because you are harming the students. Join a political think tank instead.

Fox News is far from objective the same way that CNN, MNSBC, etc are far from objective.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Unfortunately, that is the case, Andrew. I'm not even using labels like "liberal" and "conservative". I simply told them how it is outside of your borders, and even that was too much to take.

True, I should not have used the term liberal. But there are certainly 'teams' out here that try to force out the 'weaker competition', which honestly, I think is crazy. I like debate, and if I whittled out the majority of the other side, arguing in an argument that is 5 against 1 just has no appeal, you know? Granted, in my case, I'm an independent so I get the opportunity to argue with everyone.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you possess that little objectivity you should resign your job because you are harming the students. Join a political think tank instead.

Fox News is far from objective the same way that CNN, MNSBC, etc are far from objective.

Wow!

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is true to some degree, as bad as the liberal outlets I don't think so. If you want proof, watch Charlie Rose sometime when he interviews other journalists that are mainstream media moguls like George Stephanopoulos, Chuck Todd, and the like.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Not even worth another post.

Also, sarcasm isn't in the dictionary. Look it up! ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

First let me say (before I forget) the worlds perception of the US is all over the place and most of the opinions are based on the media, which is far from unbiased. when you base your opinions on a source, your opinions are influenced by that source and pretty much every source has a bias, an agenda, or an opinion. when you leave out facts to make things appear differently, that is lying. also if you base your opinions on the few, you are missing the many. basing opinions on some politicians about how everyone in their party acts and feels, is, well, dumb.

now the important stuff.

on this forum, like anywhere else, people will form in-groups. in-groups most often agree with each other and not with people outside of their groups.

just because 5-10 idiots disagree with you, does not make it an attack and if you feel you are, I would say relax and assess the situation.

we are on the internet, people love to talk crap.
    you know what you know, but people on the internet do not know you.
    take differing opinions as a means to strengthen your own.
    don't be surprised someone else does not agree with you, there is little facts on here, most are opinions and ideas.
    in your person life use more than one or two sources to learn what you care about about learning. college level courses, websites, forums, personal conversations, different news sources, and whatever else you can get your eyes and ears on.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not even worth another post.

Also, sarcasm isn't in the dictionary. Look it up! ;)

Where did you use sarcasm?

SCF Rewards
    Country

just because 5-10 idiots disagree with you, does not make it an attack and if you feel you are, I would say relax and assess the situation.

You are correct, however, there are countless attacks in every thread in this forum. There's a line that has been crossed numerous times.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Where did you use sarcasm?

Good question?? LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are correct, however, there are countless attacks in every thread in this forum. There's a line that has been crossed numerous times.

I've only been on here a couple months and the liberal thinkers do the same thing but they don't ever call us any names except for Conservatives, Americans, Christians, etc. Those may be insults in some places, but those labels don't insult me at all. I've even had some of the right leaning people make fun of something I said when it came out weird....maybe perspective can only come with maturity??

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast