Thread: Bobby Robins ?

Bobby Robins ?

Hi

I was wondering who this guy was after looking at his Yg . So I decided to check out his stats.
    To my surprise he was born in 1981. That would make him 33 . Is there not a cut off age to qualify to be a Young Gun. By NHL standards he's a bit of a dinasour. Surely they could have found someone younger to put in the set, like my grandfather lol.
    Hi All

My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.

Hidden Content

Man, I would hate to spend my hard earned money on a Series 1 box and pull a Bobby Robins YG. One of the few reasons why I'm not buying any Series 1 this season.....the crop is awful.

The age cutoff is only for the Calder Trophy (26 is the age I think). So he is a rookie, though certainly not a "Young Gun"

Quote Originally Posted by cygnusx1 View Post
    The age cutoff is only for the Calder Trophy (26 is the age I think). So he is a rookie, though certainly not a "Young Gun"
    Coming next year, the "Old Hat" subset :D
    Hidden Content cmb=cook more bacon Hidden Content
    I collect Theo Fleury, Lyle Odelein, Gary Roberts & Dave Manson

I'm sure they could have come up with someone better but every year with 100 young guns you get a ton that sell for less than $1 in a matter of weeks so there really isn't much of a difference. Maybe he deserved a rookie card to commemorate his existence in the league lol

It's not like young guns is consistently filled with sure-fie NHL talent. I'd take Bobby Robins over a european who will be on the other side of the world in a couple years time. At the very least he's a Bruins, a tough guy and has a great story. Deserves a Young Gun if you ask me.
    Collecting NHL autographs. Currently have over 4,000 unique signatures. View my collection and blog Hidden Content .