Thread: Shipping Help: Evolution Cards

Shipping Help: Evolution Cards

Hey Everyone, I pulled a Tyler Toffoli Video Evolution card from Cup this year and sold it last week. I thought I packaged it up pretty well so that it would be secure but still be able to go out as regular mail, but I just got it sent back to me today. Just wondering how, if there is a way, do you package it up so that you don't have to ship it as a parcel.. shipping as a parcel apparently costs an extra $11.50 or so.
    Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

If the package is under 2 cm thick it can be sent as an over-sized letter and will cost $1.80 to Canada, $2.95 to the USA or $5.90 to Europe. Of course, this is why I usually buy stamps so I don't have to go to the post office, because when I go to the Post Office and send to USA or Europe they ask "Is it documents or something of value?" Because apparently if it's something of value they always want to send it as a parcel which is bullsh*t. I haven't had one package sent back to me yet and I have well over 3,000 transactions over eBay alone.

I don't see how the Evolution card and top-loader and even blanks on each end for protection would be over 2 cm thick, although I haven't ever seen one in person so I really don't know.

I've sent 20+ cards mostly jerseys in a single package and sent as an 'over-sized letter' under 500 grams weight and not had the package sent back.

Not sure how else I can help you.

Considering that it is over an inch thick when in its original bag sandwiched in a soap box case between 2 decoys. I don't see anyway you can get around the new rules for it being declared a parcel.

Sorry

Threw a picture up on PB to show the size of the card., This one is Brett Connolly.
    http://i455.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps22e56055.jpg
    Last edited by mikecole141; 11-07-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    I collect Newfoundland & Labrador Players-Cleary-Ryder-Clowe-Purcell-Pardy-LaCosta-Pelletier-Adam-Greening-Bishop
    Collecting Luke Schenn, Jonas Gustavsson,
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Ah yes, 2 cm thick with the bubble mailer included is the limit. I have often gone over a little bit without having the package sent back but if you're sending 2.6cm that is very easily noticeable. It will have to be sent as a parcel.

Justifiable by thinking about the mail-man(woman) who now has to carry around 100 packages that are over 2cm thick going door-to-door.

Thanks for the input guys, sorry Im just replying now. Looks like Im just going to have to bite the loss on shipping and send it as a parcel, I tried repacking it every way I could think of with no luck of keeping it under 2cm. Thanks again.