Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not sure which to keep, need some opinions! (patch help)

I've been working on a patch set for a while and today while scanning the new addition I realized I had just picked up a double (whoops!). Now my problem is I'm not sure which one to keep as they are both nice patches so I'm going to let you guys chime in with which one you think is better.

Option A.
    A nice piece of the wheel:

Option B.
    A piece of a CCM logo:

Option C.
    Screw it and just start hoarding all the Motown Madness patches you can get, Doubles, Tripes, The Works!!!

Wasn't sure how to add a poll.

Well, I don't expect that Greg Stefan's got much of a big following out there, so you're not likely to have a "go the cash grab" route to move the more unique M piece for a higher value that will allow you to get other cards. Feel free to disprove me on that, though.

I've run into this first world problem a couple times too and weighed the "am I just happy to have a copy, or do I want to keep the beast?" option. And it really depends on the player(s)--had a couple of multi-player patches--and so the response was different each time. Either way, I'm happy with what I've kept in the long run.

Good luck with your choice...if it were me, I'd keep 'em both. No harm having two, right?
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Picking up doubles has happened to me enough times that I started something new and because of it I do not mind picking up doubles/triples of cards. Since I am in to coins as well I have a jewellers loupe. I check both (or all) versions of the cards and pick out the best condition one.

Obviously when it comes to a patch the better cards relies heavily on the patch but you can never forget about the corners and edges.

Like RGM81 said, with Stefan it doesn't really matter. You're not going to pull a Hunt Brothers and corner the market. Take the best card and sell the rest. However... it is actually best to hoarde it until you have more from the same set and then sell them all at the same time. You will get more buyers if you have more that the potential buyer wants.

This will probably sound weird but I like the first patch better. Sure the "M" is unique and probably harder to come by, but that (to me) heralds CCM more than the Red Wings. The first patch is part of the logo and is unique to a Red Wings jersey. People get jazzed over the scarcity of a manufacturers logo or jersey tag, but give me team logo any day. That's what separates it from the "M" or tag from other teams CCM (or reebok, koho) jerseys.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (59% complete) / Hidden Content (42% complete) / Brian Propp (51% complete)

Sorry, what was the question again?

I'd keep em both :p
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

All Keslers All The Time

Quote Originally Posted by 87sluggo View Post

Sorry, what was the question again?

I'd keep em both :p

2x votes for this one

Why make hard decisions ..... when the obvious right decision is the easiest! Another 3 more incoming =S .... my wife calls me a hoarder =(
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Traders - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by canucksfan007 View Post
    2x votes for this one

Why make hard decisions ..... when the obvious right decision is the easiest! Another 3 more incoming =S .... my wife calls me a hoarder =(
    Mine says that to me, too! You guys are all waaaay worse than I am, though! LOL
    LF this ITG Decades 1980's Autograph: AMM2 - Mark Messier CAN SP. Also need many Emblems and Numbers from ITG Decades 1980's and may need Quads, Golds or other low print runs from that set.
    PC includes Sakic, Vaive, Salming, Lafleur, Shutt and anyone named Stastny except Yan. Starting a new, limited GETZLAF PC - looking for hard-signed autos of Getzlaf and any memorabilia with print run 100 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallinator View Post
    Mine says that to me, too! You guys are all waaaay worse than I am, though! LOL
    Just use us as examples to get out of sticky situations =P
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Traders - Hidden Content

If I were in your shoes I'd keep them both. Not like you're gonna strike it rich by selling either, and AFAIK they are quite different with one being emblem and one being manufacturer's logo. Keep 'em both!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast