Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14/15 UD1 questions

14/15 UD1 questions

14/15 UD1 hockey YGs.

question 1. Who are the top 5 YG cards in the set?

question 2. Is the YG Checklist Canvas version (Ekblad/S Reinhart) a high value card.

Your thoughts appreciated.
    Check out my trade thread here: Hidden Content

I think the top 5 ygs are

#225-Aaron Ekblad
    #206-Sam Reinhart
    #211-Johnny Gaudreau
    #214-Teuvo Teravainen
    #248-Evgeny Kuznestso
    #242-Ty Rattie

just wht I think, lets see what others think

jim
    Hidden Content
    tradepage/photobucket
    Hidden Content

"I also Trade based on BV, Not SV so dont quote me Ebay Sales"

Gaudreau seemed to have the highest asking price (that I noticed) @ the Expo.... but that should tell you all you need to know about this rookie crop. There is no automatic "top prospect" from this year (other than maybe Drouin, who will be in Series 2). Problem is that all the "top" rookies this year are either "not that high" picks, dmen, Europeans, or play in markets that the hobby doesn't jump all over (and in a lot of cases, more than one item off that list).

Aaron Ekblad may pan out to be one of the best dmen of the next 20 years.... but how well does that work out for the price of Drew Doughty's YG ?? Reinhart is on a terrible team (that isn't really popular, outside of it's own boarders). The list goes on and on.

Not trying to sound negative. I think there's some great names in the set.... I just don't see the "top guy" being more than Chris Kreider of a couple of years ago.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Enter the 1st leg of the UD RAK 'Em Up! contest!
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Jiri Sekac, if his dad starts collecting with the same passion he showed when Jiri scored his first NHL goal.

I think that Drouin is going to end up being the #1 guy this year eventually. Tampa is kinda easing him into the lineup at this point and so he hasn't put up earth-shattering numbers to begin his NHL career. But I think he will easily surpass the leaderboard from Series 1.

Over the long haul will Drouin stay at the $35-$50 mark that a lot of top tier guys hit? (Note: just the upper tier, not the super-duper-star tier) I think so. I don't know that Johnny Hockey stays at $25-$30 as he is now but it would sure be nice eh?
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Anybody else have an opinion.

Could I have some education on 2014-2015 YG Rookies

I started collecting hockey last season and absolutely love it. I want to hear some background on some of the YG's in Series 1. I obviously know about some of the players like Ekblad, Bennett, and Reinhart. Who are some of the big names or sleepers I should keep my eyes open on. Any education would help on these players as I want to buy a case of this product.

Also, how would you compare the crop of rookies in Series 1 this year to the Series 1 rookies in last years Upper Deck release.
    Last edited by eliteco3; 11-17-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Last years double rookie card was probably better than this years crop of YGs. The top 5 young guns in this years series 1 are :
    Ekblad
    Reinhart
    Gudreau
    Teravainen
    Kuznestso

Although there could be a sleeper or 2 in series 1.

You can get a pretty good idea of who's hot, who's not, etc. fairly easily. The big prospects and the guys playing in the big cities always get the most attention, but I think there's the potential for a couple "under the radar" steals to be had. Sissons in Nashville and Severson in New Jersey--yeah, both recent Kelowna Rockets alumni--are off to good starts to their careers. Severson's a blueliner though, and in New Jersey...so you can probably score his stuff for really cheap.

Top guys are shaping up to be: Drouin, Reinharts (both Max and Sam), Ekblad, Gaudreau, I think Horvat will get some love, Draisatl (sp? the Edmonton rookie)--likely none will set the hobby world on fire, but they're all pretty darn solid guys having good starts.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast