Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Chris Potter Sports feedback

I know they are a relatively reputable company, so I decided to try them this past January while they were having a Steve Bedrosian appearance. Well, things have gone horribly, and they have been terrible to deal with. I'm not trying to slander them in any way, I just feel it's important to get info out like this encase anyone else is questioning using them. Here is the long and short of what I have dealt with.
    I sent my ball, a check for 30 bucks, and a prepaid USPS priority SASE in mid January for their February signing. Items were supposed to be returned early March. By mid March, I hadn't received my ball, and my tracking number wasn't updated, so I emailed asking for an update. A week later I get a letter stating that they postponed the signing and it would be completed in the early summer.
    Hey, things happen, no problem, life happens sometimes. Except the same thing happens. Steve "cancelled", and I was only notified after emailing them weeks after I was told I would have the ball back. Again, it happens, and the signing was postponed until September, to be mailed back October 5th. Guess what, by October 12th, my tracking number hadn't been updated. I write, and get a response that the signing didn't happen, and they will be giving me a credit. I respond that I'm not interested in a credit, but I want a refund for my 30 dollars, and that I guess I'll be swallowing the cost for the shipping to them, and the SASE coming back, which was ten dollars.
    This is where thing get completely ridiculous. They respond that the signing did happen, and that they didn't have my address on file to send the ball back(even though I sent them a printed out prepaid return shipping SASE, and even though they sent me a letter in March). Whatever, mistakes happen, at least I'm getting my ball back signed.
    October 20th, I get my ball back. Guess what? It isn't signed, and instead of the refund I had requested, they give me a credit for 25 dollars(keep in mind I paid 30, and have the cancelled check for proof). They also state they have no upcoming signings to use this credit. Hilarious, right? I again write an email, asking them why they said the signing was complete, and why they sent a credit when I asked for a refund, and why the credit didn't even equal a full refund. No response. I call the number on their websight on October 30th, leave a message asking them to respond so we can remedy the situation. No response. I call today and leave the same message, so I guess we will see if they get around to repsonding.
    I'm just trying to grasp how the person responding to these emails would mix up in consecutive emails that it was unsigned, and then that it was signed. That I wanted a refund, and that they send me a credit. I'm really feel like the signing did happen at some point, but they had misplaced my stuff and found it at a later date. It was an 87 All Star ball I was getting signed, so they probably realized they couldn't fake it by sending back a regular ROMLB. I'm sure plenty of people have had great experiences with them but right now I'm out 40 dollars, with only a useless 25 dollar credit in my hand that I won't be using because of how horrible they have been with this signing. Just figured I would share the bad that goes along with sending away to some of these dealers.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See leong1's Items on eBay

I read your story b/c I have thought about using Chris Potter before.
    It looks like Bedrock signed for the Oct 3, 2014 shipping.
    http://www.chrispottersports.com/past-signings.php

I think they did misplace your ball & forgot to get it signed. How totally unprofessional.
    Thanks for the info on these guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Andy, thanks for the response. Like I said, I really didn't want to put anybody down, but it has not gotten to the point where they are completely ignoring me, and I'm pretty sure they lied. The emails I sent before I got the ball back were responded to within 24 hours. Now I've left two emails and two voice mails in the last three weeks, and have heard nothing. I really just want my 30 bucks back. It's unbelievable how they have acted in this situation.

This is the last email I received from them, after asking for a full refund. You can imagine my surprise when it came back unsigned with a "credit" for an upcoming signing:
    "Mike,

We apologize for the length of time it has taken to complete your time. The signing has been completed but we do not have an address on file to ship your item. If you could, please e mails us your address and we will place your item in the mail tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to e-mail back or call. Thanks again and take care."

Again, my two emails and phone calls since this email from the 20th have gone unanswered. It's really amazing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

For a point of reference, this was the first email I received, which seemed to me to say that the signing didn't happen:
    "Mike,
    Thank you for your patience as we have
    attempted numerous times to schedule a time to meet with Mr.
    Bedrosian. Unfortunately his schedule was very busy .
    We mailed all the items back along with credit slips.
    Thanks again for your patience and understanding."

I responded to this that was I wasn't interested in a credit slip, but instead wanted a full refund. That's when they sent the above email that the signing was completely. At this point, with them still holding my 30 bucks, and me sitting on a 25 dollar "credit", I have no problems telling people how this has gone.
    Last edited by druce26; 11-06-2014 at 04:20 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've used them once before and everything went very smoothly. That being said, your situation has been awful. You would think the company would be bending over backwards to make it right!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't even need them to bend over backwards. I'm just shocked they are completely ignoring me at this stage. I've been nothing but civil, and I can't even get a response. You know, if you mess up, whatever, it happens. Just give me the courtesy of responding to me so I can get my money back. They've had time to tweet over the last two weeks, yet they can't respond to an email or call from an unsatisfied, unfulfilled customer?
    On a side note, they have listed 6 new Steve Bedrosian autographed items on ebay since September fifth........
    I've used them once before and everything went very smoothly. That being said, your situation has been awful. You would think the company would be bending over backwards to make it right!

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is actually stupid from a business perspective. In the short term, they think they are locking in $30 from you. But in the long term, they would make more money off of your repeat business if they kept you happy. Not to mention losing business from people like me, who will avoid them b/c of word of mouth. Dumb.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, I got closure. Last weekend I attempted to leave feedback on their sight explaining my experience(they screen all feedback before it gets posted on the sight). They contacted me the next morning apologizing for not getting back to me quicker, and finally offered a full refund. They also asked what my favorite team was. I received my refund today, as well as signed cards from Tony Taylor, Choo Choo Coleman, Tito Francona and Adolfo Phillips. It took awhile and was a more than a little frustrating, but I have to give credit to them, at least they finally followed up on the issue, and offered a nice olive branch with some signed cards. I'm not going to use them again because of everything I went through, but I feel it's only fair to say that they eventually did make things right, and wanted to share that with you guys. I'll be mailing their credit back to them tomorrow, and that chapter in my collecting life will be closed. Anyone know where I can catch up with Steve Bedrosian? Ha ha.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^ Glad to hear that. Hey, that teaches us all a lesson on how to handle things. Don't give up & don't lose hope.