Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post First Look: 2014-15 Fleer Showcase Hockey

Full Article: http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/11/...owcase-hockey/

Fleer Showcase is back again for the 2014-15 season and it has brought a few old friends along in an attempt to make an impact with hockey collectors.

With more of us looking back fondly at products that were big in the mid-to-late 1990s, the March release of 2014-15 Fleer Showcase will be an interesting one as it will also contain some familiar Fleer names from that era in Flair, Metal Universe and SkyBox Premium that will be attached to supplemental sets that can be put together by busting packs.

There will also be plenty of modern twists as well and this may be the year that hockey hobbyists finally embrace the brand, which intends to deliver a hit in every pack.

Last edited by flemingc04; 11-27-2014 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Only post a small portion when posting articles.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Best mock-up photo job ever - Tim Thomas stars as Tuukka Rask.

Don't like the design on the ARP's - the "Fleer" logo on either side of the patch window is unnecessary.

Some cool stuff will be there, but this will be one for singles for me.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I actually liked showcase this year but the market really killed it fast...14-15 sounds almost the same...

Horizontal rookies always do so bad even though showcase had really nice patches and print runs were pretty low.

Very impressive by UD to having Tim Thomas on a Tuukka Rask card! Bravo!!
    Outstanding QC by the solely owner of the NHL-license!

Rask won Vezina at the last season and wore and still wears one oif most famous and well known mask design for a long time plus plays for Boston but they still messes up with this!

They have 25 years of experience but they has gotten worser and worser at lately on their so called "QC".....

don't want to be the voice of reason guys, but as always these are just mock ups
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by joshpackham View Post
    don't want to be the voice of reason guys, but as always these are just mock ups
    As I said in my post.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RGM81 View Post
    As I said in my post.
    correct Richard, sometimes it takes more than one person to say it, that's all
    Hidden Content
    I collect Ovechkin, Matt Johnson and Nathan Horton

MY PC
    Hidden Content

Interesting. Fleer Showcase's 100-card base set is "small", but SPx's 90-card base set is "Massive"! Does that mean that the SPx cards are all going to be 5x7 oversized cards? Or are the Fleer cards all going to be minis?
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 511 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

I agree with Richard there is no need for Fleer to be put next to the patch on each side of the rookie card.

Also I Fully Understand that these are MOCK-UPs but still you have to put in a little effort. To me that's inexcusable to put Thomas as Rask and put it out. Its not like collectors are asking to redesign the card. That shouldn't have passed QC Im sorry.

I understand why collectors complain about stuff like this. That's the kind of effort they put into advertising a product. For some reason that upsets m. I wonder if they do it on purpose sometimes because it happens a lot.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Daniel Sprong, Top Player Autos and Rookies

If they actually end up making that Rask card with the Thomas picture, I want it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast