Finally, FINALLY, I hit the 400 mark as far as collecting Semyon Varlamov is concerned. Quite honestly, I had my doubts as to whether i'd get to that point this year, but I am sure glad I did.

This is the second attempt at collecting Varlamov, and the first attempt at Super-Collecting(one of every card for those not knowing what Super-collecting meant). Started the collection on July 10, 2011 and hit the 400 mark on aDecember 22 of this year. As I write this, the amount of cards listed on Beckett.com(the only checklist I really trust), and NOT listed on Beckett.com is at 893 cards, which, in comparison to my other PCs(with the exception of Yakupov, so far, and Draisaitl), is small, but does equal out to 44.8% of the Varlamov Print Run, which makes it, in a percentage stand point, my biggest PC to date.

As is the style with all my PC notes, I'd like to show off my 10 favorite cards in the PC, but, as always, heres a few honerable mentions.

09-10 Between The Pipes Homegrown Gold #HG-24(3 color) #ed 1 of 1
12-13 Dominion Peerless Patches Printing Plates Black #68 #ed 1/1
12-13 Dominion Patches Printing Plates Cyan #68 #ed 1/1
13-14 Score Printing Plates Cyan #557 w/P.A. Parenteau/Matt Duchene and Cody McLeod #ed 1/1
13-14 Score Printing Plates Magenta #557 w/P.A. Parenteau/Matt Duchene and Cody McLeod #ed 1/1
13-14 Dominion Jerseys Printing Plates #92 #ed 1/1
08-09 The Cup Printing Plates O Pee Chee Magenta #800 #ed 1/1
13-14 Totally Certified Mirror Platinum Green #101 #ed 1/1
14-15 Upper Deck Printing Plates Cyan #51 #ed 1/1
14-15 Upper Deck Printing Plates Magenta #51 #ed 1/1

The first 10 1/1s. I know I had just written a note about them already(can be found herehttps://www.facebook.com/notes/trevs...52824699375027), but the collection would not even be at the 400 mark if it werent for these. See note mentioned for where they all fit in the order of how the PC has come to be.

10-11 Crown Royale Scratching The Surface #ed 1/100

#73 in the PC, came via ebay. This one was the first numbered 1/anything Varly in the PC, and still one of my favorites.

Now for my top 10. This wasnt an easy top 10 to make, since there are alot of nice "show off" cards in the PC, but somehow, I managed.

12-13 Panini Prime Seams Incredible Patch #ed 8/10

Not the fanciest card(other then the fact its an SP), but the fact that it has a seam from the jersey manufacturer I thought was a pretty neat idea. Via ebay

10-11 Dominion Peerless Patches Quad #ed 7/10

The second Varly booklet in the PC, and #193 in the PC. Came via the LCS, and is still one of my very favorite cards.

11-12 Between The Pipes Masked Men 4 Memorabilia

#192 in the PC. Came via the LCS. Though there are only 10 of these made, it's the only one ive seen with 4 colours.

12-13 Artifacts Jerseys Autographs #ed 1/12

Card #305 came via ebay. Another one of the 1/whatever numbering, and an overall nice card, for a sticker auto

10-11 SP Game Used Authentic Fabrics Triples Patches w/Ovechkin and Backstrom #ed 15/15

Another one that serves two PCs. #263 in the PC, also came via ebay. The neatness is it's #ed 15/15, and has very pretty patches

12-13 SP Game Used Authentic Fabrics Fives Patches w/ Duchene/Landeskog/Stastny(On front face side) and Giguere #ed 6/9

#378 in the PC. Came via ebay and was another card I could not say no to as I thought it was a card I would never come into. Thus teaching the lesson never say never.

11-12 Panini Contenders Matchup Booklets Autographs w/Smith/Howard and Landeskog

The first booklet in the Varly PC, and one of the first 200 in the PC as well. Came via the LCS and has looked good in my collection since then. There was, at the time, a slight tinge of guilt when I aquired this, as one of the guys who runs the LCS was going to give it to his son, but after we negotiated out a price, it worked out for me.

13-14 Panini National Treasures Crazy 8's Jerseys w/ Sakic/Hejduk/ Stastny/Duchene/ Landeskog/MacKinnon and Pickard #ed 24/50

The 5th booklet in the PC and #356 in the PC. Came via ebay(at a steal of a deal I might add).

14-15 Artifacts Jerseys Black #ed 2/5

This is one of my favorite pieces in the PC. Card #363 came via ebay, and was another I cannot say no to it cards. The patch is pretty and the tag, having a good chunk of the tag in it was just nice.

13-14 SPX Winning Trios Patches w/Stastny and Duchene #ed 1/5

This one became my favorite, and almost, like 1 card short of the mark, was almost card #400. Came via ebay, and isn't so much my favorite because it's numbered 1/5, but, much like the Tundra Trios jersey in the Ovechkin PC, it has a very neat uniqueness in the fact that is has a 2/3/4 patch break involved in it. A very nice addition

So that about wraps up this little PC update note. Thank for for allowing me to feast a little bit of sweet on your eyes. While the goal from here is to make 50%, to always add more of the short print and nicer Varly's is also a good way to A) knock off some of the shortprints on the wantlist, and B) get me that much closer to a super collector status. Also considering investing in some actual game used memorabilia as well, as I also have this in my Varly PC

This neat little addition, wasn't signed in my presence (one day), but does come with a COA, and was also my Birthday present to myself this year. To view some of the nicer cards in my PC, please follow this link to my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6645775&type=3. To see My Varly PC in a text format, please go here http://trevstradepage.page.tl/Semyon-Varlamov-PC.htm. And finally, to view my Varlamov wantlist, please go here https://www.sportscardforum.com/entri...ov-Most-Wanted.

Thanx again