Thread: 3 STRIKES YOU ARE OUT! CANADA

3 STRIKES YOU ARE OUT! CANADA

I HAVE HAD THE WORST LUCK WITH TRADES FROM CANADA. ALL THREE TRADES HAVE HAD SOMETHING GO WRONG.

1) IT TAKES 2 MONTHS, THAT IS RIGHT TWO MONTHS, FOR ME TO RECEIVE MY CARDS. THE PACKAGE WAS POST MARKED TWO MONTHS BACK, BUT FOR SOME REASON IT TOOK 2 MONTHS TO GET TO ME. WHEN I FINALLY RECEIVED THE CARDS, ONE OF THE CARDS HAD SEVERAL CREASES ON IT, SO ASKED THE TRADER TO SEND A REPLACEMENT. I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVE ANY CARDS, AND IT HAS BEEN ONE MONTH.:(

2)I SEND FOUR WRESTLING CARDS TO THIS INDIVIDUAL, BUT HE CLAIMS HE NEVER RECEIVED THEM. SO I ASK HIM TO GIVE ME ONE MORE WEEK, AND STILL HE CLAIMS HE NEVER RECEIVED THE CARDS. I DECIDE TO SEND BACK HIS CARD, BUT BEFORE I DID I VERIFIED HIS ADDRESS AND THEN SENT HIS CARD BACK. AND STILL HE CLAIMS HE NEVERS RECEIVED ANY OF THE CARDS OR CARD. THIS NIGHTMARE IS STILL PENDING

3)I JUST RECEIVED AN ENVELOPE FROM A CANADIAN TRADER AND IT HAD A HUGH RIP ON THE FRONT OF THE ENVELOPE AND IT WAS STAMP WITH THE MESSEGE, "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENT." I RECEIVED AN ENVELOPE WITH NO CARD. SOME WHERE DOING THE DELIVERY, THE ENVELOPE GOT RIPPED AND THE CARD FELL OUT. THIS MATTER IS CURRENTLY PENDING.

IS THIS JUST BAD LUCK OR WHAT?

Being from Canada I would say that is bad luck. I have only had minor problems twice out of 50+ trades. Both times it took the card over a month to get to the guy I was trading with. Usually the person I am sending to gets the card within 2 weeks without any problems.

That's why I usually don't do Canada.

I stopped selling to people from Canada on eBay because I usually got at least 1 person sending me CANADIAN MONEY.

I'm from the US I don't want that money.

So I didn't like going through the whole hassle of sending it back and explaining to them that it IS NOT WORTH THE SAME.

And I'm not just picking on Canada because I also had people who wanted to buy stuff (and actually won auctions) from all over the world. Its just that you get more Canadians than you do others.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I had trouble trading with one person from Canada several months ago....since then, I've never even considered making trades with folks over there

Unless they plan on sending it to me first

PWaldo - almost everyone here (except maybe some kids) know that Canadian money is not worth as much as U.S. money. Maybe someone was trying to trick you.

I'm from Canada. I have traded several times with U.S. traders. They have all received my cards within a few weeks, usually one or two. The longest it has taken to receive cards has been about a month.
    Unfortunately recently I traded with someone who marked the value on the package and marked it as merchandise so Canada Customs charged me sales tax (15% in Canada) and a handling fee.
    All in all though I haven't had too many problems.

Originally posted by wrafman
    PWaldo - almost everyone here (except maybe some kids) know that Canadian money is not worth as much as U.S. money. Maybe someone was trying to trick you.
    I said it was on eBay so unless it was one of you guys here then I don't have a problem on this board with people from Canada. Its just eBay that's a problem for me.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content