View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question for Everyone - Legitimate Question

OK. I've been running into an issue lately when I'm trying to make trades. People are asking for items of mine and saying to look over their lists. When I do and mention a few items I'm interested in I hear, "Oh, I only want to trade those for these items ...". Herein is the problem and I am looking for honest feedback from anyone in the Forum.

How many people in here, on a REGULAR basis, will trade their autographed cards for regular game-used cards??? I'm not saying in a rare occasion. I'm saying all of the time. I've been running into a problem lately where people are asking for game-used cards of mine and, when I ask for game-used, or even rookies, in return, they say they want autographed cards in return. I am willing to bet the majority of those people would NOT trade the other way (trade their autographed cards for game-used). Also, when they trade their game-used for your autos, they want to trade at even book. I don't know anyone that trades their autographed cards even-up for game-used ones.

I would appreciate people providing their response to this poll and post. It would be nice to have an idea who is willing to do what so others know what to expect when trying to trade.

I just traded a domanick davis sweet spot auto for a ronnie lott 06 elite jersey. I did it cuz I wanted the ronnie and was willing to give up the davis for it.

I will on alot of occasions even up but mostly would like it a little in my favor

I would do it, if it was a card that I really needed. Otherwise I really don't know.

I voted "YES" I would trade even, but to amplify abit...probably only for vintage (pre-90s) RCs. I trying to move most my GU. GU cards are so common now..."a dime a dozen".

I would answer no since I rarely trade autos for Gued. But I think the answer is a little misleading. I don't "ask" anyone else to do so. If they are ok with it then that is their choice, if not I understand that as well. I like it when people are up front about it on tradelists and let you know if they will or not. I generally try to list Gued I am interested in when I have something they want that is the same. Same thing with autos.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus
    I would answer no since I rarely trade autos for Gued. But I think the answer is a little misleading. I don't "ask" anyone else to do so. If they are ok with it then that is their choice, if not I understand that as well. I like it when people are up front about it on tradelists and let you know if they will or not. I generally try to list Gued I am interested in when I have something they want that is the same. Same thing with autos.

-Jason
    Jason,

I was trying to come up with the right way to phase the 'No' option to the poll. I guess I should have listed 2 different No options:

one saying they don't trade their autos for game-used and don't ask for autos in return for their game used
    one saying they don't trade their autos for game-used but DO ask for autos in return for their game-used

I'm also surprised that there have been 40+ reads of this post and about 8 people have responded to the poll. I'm hoping people will at least respond honestly to the poll even if they don't want to comment.

Ira

I hear ya man. That is why I made my own option...:)
    It is hard to think about all the possible answers to a question like this. Hope I help you out in some small way though.
    -Jason

To me if an auto and GU'd book the same I don't care. I understand giving up a higher dollar plain rookie card for a Gu'd or auto, but if the auto and GU'd are the same BV I'll trade any day of the week if it's for smoething I need.

I will trade an auto for a rc or vintage but would ask for the other party to sweeten the trade. It would be something for the pc if I did so I wouldn't ask for much over. I don't collect much for GU so I left that piece out.

I usually ask if someone is willing to trade an auto if I have a non-auto they want. helps to know what the playing field is...lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast