Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can we save SCF?

Transferred Feedback
    TCC(1874)
    Country
    Penn State Nittany Lions Kansas City Royals
    Twitter: @rtsjr1 See thebusfan's Items on eBay

i agree was banging out trades like crazy lucky if can get one a day now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I honestly think the Auto part of the card collecting is killing the card industry.
    I own some pretty decent rcs..Bird,Gretzky,Lemieux and it sickens me that a RC auto of a today player blows the pants off of those cards!!! Beckham Jr goes for thousands...i mean really??? The base card is becoming non existant.Its becoming or has become a big boy industry....not for children collecting like I did 40 yrs ago.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Blowout (44)
    Country
    Cincinnati Reds Texas Rangers

Well I really like SCF myself. I can live without SCF having a Politics & Religion section as I find it has a bigger place in an American Legion or a VFW post than a sports card forum but that's my opinion. Blowout has really gotten big but that forum is mostly selling of higher end cards & lots & can't really get trades there anymore. The Bench is the forum I mostly frequent only because of more baseball collectors. I am still waiting for some CC from now back to the 13th for some uploaded images I have yet to receive but still find a great place here for me to call a home. That said anyone should feel free to check my trade site link in my signature & initiate a trade but I do expect similar cards in return, ex: Inserts for Inserts, #ed for #ed etc. Thanks!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (145)
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Washington Redskins
    See HollaMV7's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

COMC is where a lot of people are selling these days, not just eBay. I'm a huge player collector, and to be honest places like COMC and eBay are better than sites like this to get cards I need. It is faster and way more efficient. Don't get my wrong I still love to trade when I can, but the industry has changed so much and a lot of people only want high end of the best players now. If I don't have any Mike Trout or Andrew Luck autos I'm SOL. I rarely break boxes since they are expensive and seem to never yield much, so therefore I don't have a lot of tradebait since I usually only buy singles.

I belong to a lot of sites: TCC (which is where I started but is dead compared to it's glory days, here, Blowout (the most traffic but not good for trading only buying/selling), Cardboard Connection, Freedom Card Board, Bench (which is good for low end trading only), and Beckett. Honestly across the board it's been getting progressively harder and harder sadly.
    Hidden Content - use the drop down box at the top left to view all my other albums
    Brian Orakpo/Sean Taylor/Craig Kimbrel Super Collector - I collect Lucky 13 Football RCs (04-07 all versions). Also like current Braves (Acuna/Albies/Dansby/Soroka/Strider/Riley/Harris/Fried, etc.), Mike Trout, Juan Soto, Roger Federer.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    The Bench (287)
    Country
    See cmcjr99's Items on eBay

Well I really like SCF myself. I can live without SCF having a Politics & Religion section as I find it has a bigger place in an American Legion or a VFW post than a sports card forum but that's my opinion. Blowout has really gotten big but that forum is mostly selling of higher end cards & lots & can't really get trades there anymore. The Bench is the forum I mostly frequent only because of more baseball collectors. I am still waiting for some CC from now back to the 13th for some uploaded images I have yet to receive but still find a great place here for me to call a home. That said anyone should feel free to check my trade site link in my signature & initiate a trade but I do expect similar cards in return, ex: Inserts for Inserts, #ed for #ed etc. Thanks!!

i was considering adding that first highlighted part in with my points as well.....i see far too many political threads cluttering things up here for my taste .....

i also tend to spend more time on the bench for the same reason (although i do collect football and basketball as well)....recently , however , i have been spending more time at freedomcardboard simply due to a bit more traffic volume than the bench....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I participate in the political forums but would be relieved if they were gone and it was just about trading and buying stuff
    i was considering adding that first highlighted part in with my points as well.....i see far too many political threads cluttering things up here for my taste .....

i also tend to spend more time on the bench for the same reason (although i do collect football and basketball as well)....recently , however , i have been spending more time at freedomcardboard simply due to a bit more traffic volume than the bench....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ChosenOne719's Items on eBay

Ok first as far as CC goes for me it has always been like it does not even exist because after going on 6 years, 100+ trades and 3000+ posts I still only have 754 card crash credits which does not get much on here.... So I never bother to go in to the CC section...

I think I started trading online in like 2003 or 2004 somewhere around there and have traded on a number of sites and even modded on one for awhile and as of right now this is my favorite site to trade on... A number of other sites I have been on seem to be dead... And I know some are saying this site is dead or dying but compared to a couple other sites I know of this is the place to be.

Honestly for me on this site the place I have the most issue with is like the show and tell section and every once and awhile the pack and box break section... But mainly Id say it is the show and tell section where I get the least response on things... Like I did a topic in the baseball section showing the autos I got at Nats Fest and no respons... I did a topic in the memorabilia show and tell showing my stadium giveaway bobblehead and sculpture collection and planned to turn it in to a running thing where I would more as I went along but never got the first response so I abandoned the topic.... And I posted a bunch of stuff in the initial post so it was not like there was just one bobblehead in there at the time it was a decent amount of stuff.... And Ive had other topics like those... For me if I post a topic and get no response no matter how many views it says it is getting I feel like I am talking to myself so I just abandon the topic

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nepatsfan12dt's Items on eBay

i'm fairly new here (and really more or less lurk rather than post for now) so i don't know what the siae was like in the past and how that compares to now....

that said , i will say i spend very little time here for several specific reasons :

1) i view posts using the "new posts" feature rather than going sub-forum to sub-forum.....i check in 15-20 times a day most days and it seems that the majority of those times at least 75-80% of the threads i see are those advertising ebay specials (ebay sellers club)....i don't come HERE to see ebay items - i go to ebay to see ebay material....i get daily e-mails for the 100 ebay searches i have saved and i visit that site numerous times per day to look for items - i don't really want to have to wade though all those posts to find actual posts from members who are looking to buy , sell , or trade....

2) when the new posts aren't dominated by ebay listings , it seems that at least 50% and often 75% or more are dedicated to hockey ....nothing wrong with that except that i haven't really collected hockey in over 25 years so most of those threads hold very little interest to me....

3) and finally , even when i do see posts of actual people looking to buy , sell , or trade the vast majority of the time those posters are only looking for the latest hottest items and the ultra high-end stuff that i don't really have nor care to stockpile....i love ALL cards - base , inserts , parallels , gu , autos etc....many people (and this seems to be true of the majority of people on all boards now so i'm not singling out this site or its members) seem to think if you don't have the elite material you have nothing....i know for a fact there are plenty collectors out there who do still value the low-end and mid-range material , but we seem to be shunned and even ridiculed by so many people...i know i've heard quite a few people say they have given up because most people feel they aren't worth dealing with since they don't seek or have top-of-the-line material.....

one feature i'd like to see that would definitely enhance my time here is a way to filter out any sub-forums we don't want to see.....i know it's possible (because at least one other site i belong to finally installed it) and it may exist here already , but if so i've been unable to find a way to do it.....

I agree with this. When I see all of the ebay threads, I usually either go to another site or do something else. I'd rather see a bunch of buying/trade/selling threads than a bunch of links to ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its all about the $ guys. Its supposed to be a hobby, but too many people want it to be a business for them. Its easier than working. This site is awesome and ive enjoyed it immensely since I joined. Trades are way harder to come by now, I agree. And all of you guys made good points about why. Im trying to collect the 2012 heritage set signed for example. But in order to get let's say, Colby Lewis, I cant get it for anything less than lets say, a Clayton Kershaw. Its madness. I also think postage comes into play here, but I dont think its a big part of the problem. I trade when I can, but am now going to focus on 50/50's during the season. We just have to help our fellow collectors out when we can. This is supposed to be fun!!! :)
    ***Looking for no-hitter & p.g. inscribed omlb's*** signed 2012 Topps Heritage & signed 1987 topps***
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

i'm new on here, I hope we can save it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast