Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Subban deserved that 5 min major. The guy was surprised he even got a penalty at all. Stupid slash, good call, hope Stone will be ok.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Subban deserved that 5 min major. The guy was surprised he even got a penalty at all. Stupid slash, good call, hope Stone will be ok.

Shades of Ribiero, took him what? 3 minutes to come back?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well the Habs won round 1! :) What a crazy period that second period was!!! Hope Subban is back for game two. Do you think Max will be back game 2? Who sits out? Bryan Flynn who got three points?
    I was very impressed with how well the Habs D played after Subban left the game. Would be so nice if Petry could stick around next year. If not, I would be happy with Pateryn on the third pair.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Shades of Ribiero, took him what? 3 minutes to come back?

I don't know if you continued watching after that but he came back and left and came back and left again. Clearly something was wrong. I'd be willing to bet if I slashed you the way subban slashed stone, you'd be hurting too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know if you continued watching after that but he came back and left and came back and left again. Clearly something was wrong. I'd be willing to bet if I slashed you the way subban slashed stone, you'd be hurting too.

He looked ok in the scrum at the end, I'm thinking he'll be fine.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well the Habs won round 1! :) What a crazy period that second period was!!! Hope Subban is back for game two. Do you think Max will be back game 2? Who sits out? Bryan Flynn who got three points?
    I was very impressed with how well the Habs D played after Subban left the game. Would be so nice if Petry could stick around next year. If not, I would be happy with Pateryn on the third pair.

I'd sit parenteau, easily the most useless player on the ice tonight, benching Flynn would send a terrible message. Not sure about patches, with the win there isnt such a rush to get him back into the lineup.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

I for one think that P.K. did deserve that call, he made a bad move there and there was no justification for it. Stone returned and isn't injured long term, there won't be any supplementary discipline and the Habs won the game. The Sens scored twice in the power play resulting from the hit do I'd say justice has been done. All is well and you can bet your ™™™ PK will think before acting now! Go Habs go!

As for who sits, well that's a though one but i'd agree that PA didn't do much tonight...can't split the 4th line after a game like that...tricky...glad i'm not the coach

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of the worst officiated games in recent memory.

Until the next Habs game I guess?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The slash was not as bad as Stone made it appear. Although Subban did choke up a bit on the stick, he did not follow through with full force. You have to look at the entire play. Some say Stone was nowhere near the play. That's false, he may not have been near the puck but he was cutting across the front of the net. Slashing, hooking or disrupting a player's path in this area is legitimate with the puck around or not. Stone was going away from Subban when the slash was made. Subban was turning away from Stone as he delivered the slash. Trying to suggest Subban purposely aimed for a certain part of the arm is ridiculous and suggesting he was intending to injure is also wishful thinking.

The call on the ice was a good call. Refs really had no choice. Stone looked injured and it was a two-hander.

The embellishment is questionable. It did look like an overreaction, but who knows for sure. It's been suggested that Stone was leaving the bench to get the arm froze periodically. That could be true but I would think they have that freezing agent on the bench? I'm not willing to discount the fact Stone may be a tough son of a gun and played through some serious pain to finish the game.

Bottom line, I don't think there will be any further discipline for Subban although Cameron should receive a fine. It's one thing to injure a player in the heat of the battle, it's another to suggest doing so in the future. Cameron certainly muddied the water for any of his players that get caught up in a similar incident later in the series.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Cameron definitely deserves a fine, he basically came full out and said that if subban isn't suspended then he'll have one of his guys injure one of our stars.
    There id no room in the league for that mentality. If it actually happened, after he threatened it, I would press CRIMINAL charges. he basically just admitted to premeditated assault.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast