Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pennsylvania High School students organize "Anti-gay" Day....

^Oooohh....I wonder what that Cross symbolizes?? Anyone want to take a wild guess?!?!

Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/mc...ay#.dcPDMRVlad

lol man, gotta love the stones on these horrible little cretins.....as if going to High School wasn't enough stress for MANY students regardless of what they believe or whatever.....they organized an anti-gay thing and proudly posted pictures of themselves on social media.

Oh and I LOVE this part:

"Johnson said some of the students uploaded Bible verses to Instagram and tagged out gay classmates."

^LOL!

You know what....I bet if Jesus was around in modern day America, he'd go to a high school get a random gay student and personally shove him into a locker while saying "O'Doyle Rules!"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Alex were you not a Christian in high school? Do you not cry from the rooftops how you use to be a Christian? Obviously these are misguided youths who might not grasp the religion or what the symbol stands or. I don't care either way because I am not a Chrisitan just asking some legitimate questions of a former so called Christian.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Teenagers that don't grasp the religion, do not adorn themselves with crosses and quote bible verses.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Teenagers that don't grasp the religion, do not adorn themselves with crosses and quote bible verses.

Sure they do. I see kids wearing cross necklaces that are druggies all the time. I can assure you that some kids will draw crosses on themselves and take part in "anti-gay day" just to be part of the crowd. It doesn't excuse it, but it doesn't make them religious zealots either.

Generally I find it interesting how these incidents get blown out of proportion. Obviously there isn't a lot of intelligence going on here if a gay guy got called a dyke. Turning what is essentially a bullying incident into a national news story because the person bullied was gay is nothing more than pandering. Kids get bullied every day in school because of their clothes, weight, height, socio-economic status, the shoes they wear...you name it. Being gay or bi doesn't earn you special treatment.

I see where there were 6 or 7 students involved out of a school of nearly 1,000. Is this really even newsworthy or is it just an excuse for Alex to go on another anti-Christian rant?

The reality of the matter is that the school is actually trying to raise LGBT awareness. They created the McGuffey High School Gay-Straight Alliance Club and honored the GLSEN’s “Day of Silence” to raise awareness of LGBT bullying. These few dimwits decided to buck the system and try and get a little attention for themselves. Too bad the liberal left is wasting time giving it to them.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Didn't call them religious zealots. I said they grasp the religion. You do not go out of your way to mark "anti-gay next to a cross" on your arm and find quotable bible verses related to homosexuals if you are not attaching your opinions to a religion. I think the fact it makes headlines has to do with the brashness of it. When a group is brazen enough to show off their discriminating behaviour that is troubling.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Didn't call them religious zealots. I said they grasp the religion. You do not go out of your way to mark "anti-gay next to a cross" on your arm and find quotable bible verses related to homosexuals if you are not attaching your opinions to a religion. I think the fact it makes headlines has to do with the brashness of it. When a group is brazen enough to show off their discriminating behaviour that is troubling.

The "zealots" thing wasn't really directed at you per se.

I work with teens and yes they will do stuff like this just for attention with no regard for attachment to a religion. When they smell blood they seek the best way to go after the person. I have seen kids who were not even remotely friends join together to give another student a hard time.

I don't think this was anymore brash than anything else teens do. Have you been in a high school lately? I am not excusing what they did at all, I just think it wasn't nearly the incident it has been made out to be by the media.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Oh, I am sure the media has no qualms about blowing it out of proportion.