Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Finally a night to be kind of proud of in completing players
    Somerset vs Sugarland

Sugarland
    Sean Gallagher 2/2 1 for EL 1 for mrmain18
    Andrew Carpenter 3/3 mrmain18
    Daryl Ward 4/4 2 EL

Patriots

Mat Gamel 2/2 1 for madmax901
    Foxey Beyer 1/1 EL
    Adam Donachie 1/1 EL
    Thomas Neal 2/2 mrmain18
    Lucas Irvine 1/1 mrmain18
    Could have tried for Buddy Boshers but he was carrying his child and did not want to bother him.

Team Sheet
    Ricky Claudio

For those members that I still have Sugarland cards for I have one more try in 2 weeks. We are almost complete if I can find the 2 pitchers required. Here is who I have left
    Dustin Martin in Mexico
    Willy Taveras on DL
    Josh Geer still have not seen I hope he starts the next time in to try him as its only 1 card and also see what he looks like.
    Adrian Martin have only seen him once in 4 or 5 games. I may have to stay after a game for the bus to try to complete the pitchers down the road

Next game Monday 8/17 vs Long Island. This is the last time for the Ducks unless they make the playoffs. Trying to make 2 games during the series

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Boy I am sure the Atlantic Leagues shortening did not work last night as a 9 inning game was about 3 hours on a hot and humid night. I was not sure if I could stay to the end but did.

Long Island vs the Patriots

The Ducks

Mike Blanke 2/2 EL
    Delta Cleary 2/2 1 for mrmain 18 1 for EL
    Ryan Kussmaul 1/1 mrmain18
    Steve Mcquail 1/1 mrmain18
    Cody Puckett 2/2 mrmain18
    J. C, Romero 4/4 2 for tigsfan
    Nick Struck 1/1 mrmain18
    Donnie Veal 1/1 tigsfan

The only people not completed were :

Billy Buckner he only signed one card as he said he was late in getting to the bullpen. Was going to get him after the game but he was the losing pitcher and was not happy. Will try tonight if I go
    Jonathan Griffin was places on the inactive list a couple of day before this series
    Randy Ruiz has been on the DL but thought since he was also a coach he would make the trip was not there
    Jose Morales has been on the DL. Asked Kevin Baez if the Ducks make the playoffs ( I think they will) will Jose be back in time for that and he believes Jose will not as he has a bad hamstring injury.
    Rich Hill who was sold to Boston I believe a little while ago

Will try for tonights game also as it looks like rain for Wednesday and Thursday could be a problem
    My intent is to do the Patriots until about 10 minutes before game time and then try to get Billy Buckner before he hits the bullpen. Lets see if it works as it could be my last shot on him if they do not make the playoffs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Left the game early tonight and glad I did as I just looked at the top of the ninth and the Patriots were leading 7-4 and they gave up 4 runs with 2 outs to be down 8-7.
    This was my last night with the Ducks unless they make the playoffs and I would get at least 1 game with them.

Ducks

Billy Buckner 1/1

Patriots

Zach Clark 2/2 both for mrmain18
    Ollie Litton 2/2 both for mrmain18

still need Anthony Collazzo and Gus Schlosser and they back doored me. They had the grass area that I would normally try to cross on to get to the bullpen and see them closed so will have to try next week.

Got the following on my team sheet

Kelvin Del la Cruz
    Zach Clark

Next game Monday 8/24 against Sugarland which is my last game with them to try and get Willie Tavaras if he is off the DL and Adrian Martin and Josh Geer who I never see. Hope I have better luck on my last night

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game was Sugarland vs the Patriots. This was my last game with Sugarland and I was hoping to complete the 3 players I had left on the team. The only player not completed was Dustin Martin as he signed 2 cards in May and had 2 cards left but he went to Mexico right after that. It was a wild night we had Bark in the Park and post game fireworks. They had to try to get all the dogs out before the fireworks and it worked pretty well except for those that the owners thought the dogs would be OK and found out otherwise. We also had a 12 inning game that ended on a bizarre play. Somerset batting in the bottom of the 12th and Robert Andino singles. Aharon Eggleston comes up and bunts to move Andino over. The ball is fielded by Skeeters pitcher Cory VanAllen and he tosses to first but it hit Eggleston and careens into right field. I am watching Aharon who is heading to second because no one is covering the base. Next thing I look at Andino and he has not stopped and Shane Spencer is waving him home without a throw to stop him. Wild ending.
    Anyway I completed the Skeeters on cards

Sugarland
    Willy Taveras 1/1 mrmain18
    Josh Geer 1/1 mrmain18
    Adrian Martin 1/1 EL

Still trying to complete the Patriots but I have at least 5-6 games left to do that. The hardest is Anthony Collazo and new pitcher William Oliver but I am not worried on them

Patriots

Gus Schlosser 2/2 mrmain18

Team Sheet

Gus Schlosser

Next game Friday the 28th vs York. Have about 10-12 players to complete on them with about 2-3 games left on them and the first time since May they have to Somerset.

PLus I have to add my wifes success today.
    She had received tickets for the Todays show for this morning and left at 12:30 AM early Monday morning with here girl friend to get in line to see her buddy Rob Thomas perform at Rockefeller center for the summer series. After the show she meet him and had a poster signed. She heads this Thursday to Nashville to see him and have a meet and greet.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonights game York vs Somerset

Not a bad night but a few surprises. First surprise was Eric Patterson. This was the first time I have seen Eric refuse to sign. Second surprise for us was we did get Brandon Boggs to sign 1 card. Next was for Wilson Valdez. There were 3 of us at the side of the dug out by the tunnel waiting for the players to come out. Wilson as usual just ignored everyone and did not sign. Plus he and Boggs did not start. There was one grapher on the other side of the dug out getting the players to sign and he tried for Wilson. We could not see everything but grapher came to our side and said he asked Wilson to sign and he turned his back so the grapher started to walk away. He then said Wilson called him back to sign and when he got there Wilson then turned his back and walked away. What a dirt bag if true.
    Also talked to pitching coach about Brad Bergesen and Anthony Lerew and he said that Brad had Tommy John surgery and Lerew broke his lag falling down some stairs so of course both are through for the year. I knew Brad had surgery but did not it was TJ surgery.
    here is what I was able to get

YOrk
    Eric Patterson 0/6
    Edward Paredes 1/1 mrmain18
    Jose Conatanza 2/2 mrmain18
    Mike Demark 1/1 El Scorcho
    Brandon Boggs 1/4 El Scorcho
    Telvin Nash 4/4 mrmain18
    Frank Gailey 1/1 mrmain18

Will be going back Sunday for the Patriots autograph session to hopefully clean up the 3 players I need and then move over to York to try my luck on the 4 players I need to finish up there which included Boggs and Valdez.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Not sure how to start todays session with the Revs.
    First this was my last autograph session I could make this year as the sessions go back to noon and I am working. Because of todays Veterans Day celebration the autograph session was only 12 minutes long. As soon as the players got settled they were getting off the field. I needed William Oliver but because the Patriots have lost 3 starters the last couple of weeks he started today on 3 days rest but I did get him after the game. I also needed Anthony Collazo and this was the second session he was a no show. He is the last Patriot I need as of now.
    I also wanted to get the guest of honor Col Jack Jacobs who was a MOH winner in Vietnam along with 2 silver stars and 3 bronze stars. When I tried to get to him he was whisked away to Steve Kalafars suite. Steve is the owner of the Patriots. So even before game without knowing I was going to get Oliver I was batting zero and did not have a good feeling.
    Went to the York side and tried my best. Which turned out to be a tale of 2 cities as the players I did not get Friday I got today and the player I got on Friday I did not get today

York

Eric Patterson 6/6 1 for madmax901 4 for mrmain18
    Wilson Valdez 2/2 1 for El Scorcho 1 for mrmain18
    Brandon Boggs 0/3 he signed for one person before the game as he came out late and was in a hurry. After the game as we waited by the bus he signed once again and said I cannot sign anymore and left.
    Josh Judy 0/1 never saw him

Patriots

Will Oliver 8/8 dougverecke

Team Sheet

Will Oliver
    Mike Wilson

Next home game either 9/8 or 9/9 vs York which will be my last time to get Josh Judy and Brandon Boggs who I have 3 cards for and he only signs 1 if he does. Will not get my card completed this year I do not think , plus I need to run down Collazo on the Patriots which I may have to go to the lawn area by the bullpen to try to get him which is against the rules but I have done it before.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Tonight was my last game with York and boy am I glad as its the same results. Only difference tonight was they said attendance was 3,000 but looked like 1,000 bodies there and I was the only grapher
    I only stayed a couple of innings as it was in the 90's and not very comfortable

York
    Brandon Boggs 0/3
    Josh Judy 0/1 never saw.

Patriots

Anthony Collazo 1/1 EL

Team sheet
    Roy Merritt
    Joe Testa
    Matt Fields

Next up Lancaster on Friday and I need just about everyone wearing a uniform.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Last nights game vs Lancaster. This is the last home series of the season and will try to go back tonight weather permitting as I work on Sundays.
    The Patriots looks flat last night especially pitcher Roy Merritt who did not throw for almost 10 days because of the deal made with Sugarland and it showed because the Lancaster batters who looked extremely good last night just lit him up for 3 innings. If this is a preview of a Atlantic League final then then we have some serious situations ahead.
    Anyway I had an good day all around. The Lancaster players were extremely friendly and willing to sign.

One of my graphing friends was there and he gave me a game program from the New York-Penn League All Star Experience played at Ripken field on August 18. Plus he gave me a signed Upper Deck Calvin Pickering Rookie card for my Orioles collection and he also gave me and Ironclad Authentics 4 x 6 post card of Cal Ripken HOF card (not signed of course) which has a collage of Cal pictures. I was happy to received the items and I gave him an unused ticked to use for the weekend in return

Also at the game was Fritz Peterson who was signing copies of his new book and other photos he has. I had his autograph along with other items when I was younger and these items got lost (as so my mother says) when we moved from one home to another. Anyway I purchased the book and his autograph. The book is "When the Yankees Were on the Fritz". One thing I did not know was that Fritz ended up with the lowest ERA in an 80 year history at the Original Yankee Stadium

Now on to what I go from Lancaster

Pete Andrelcyk 1/1 EL
    Juan Apodaca 2/2 EL
    Chad Beck 1/1 EL
    Madison Boer 2/2 EL
    Charlie Cutler 3/3 2 EL 1 mrmain18
    Brian Cavazos Galvez 0/2 not sure if he heard me
    Scott Gracey 2/2 1 EL 1 mrmain18
    Joe Gardner 1/1 mrmain18
    Blake Hassebrook 1/1 1/1 mrmain18
    Luke Hughes 3/8 3 curtisc This I was surprised about since I have seen he was signing 8 items. I had another board of 6 I held back. Hope to do better tonight
    Yusuke Kajimoto 2/2 EL
    Kent Matthes 1/2 mrmain18 as I was prepared for
    Mike Mcdade 3/3 1 EL 2 mrmain18
    Daniel Moskos 0/4 was surprised at this also from what I saw but he just ignored me
    Jerry Owens 5/5 3 EL
    Scott Patterson 3/3 EL
    Nate Reed 1/1 EL
    Kevin Rivers 1/1 EL
    Kyle Simon 7/8 5 EL only reason 7 was because he saw one of the cards and asked if could have so I gave it to him.
    Marcus Walden 1/1 EL
    Lance Zawadzki 1/1 EL
    Butch Hobson 1/1 EL
    DJ Boston 1/1 EL
    Rich Rundles 1/1 EL
    Ross Peeples 1/1 EL

So this being my last night weather permitting I only have to do the following
    Luke Hughes 13 cards hopefully
    Kent Matthes 1 card
    Brian Cavaszos Galvez 2 cards
    Daniel Moskos 4 cards

Unable to do Brian Morgado as he is on the DL.

As I stated above all in all a good day for me as the season is coming to an end

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I made tonights game but it was 1 1/2 hour rain delay to start so I did not stay as I have to get up for work tomorrow.
    Almost completed Lancaster but fell short.
    I will PM the members of cards I have either tonight or tomorrow when I get home on your cards

Lancaster

Brian Cavazos Galvez 2/2 1 EL 1 mrmain18
    Daniel Moskos 4/4 3 EL 1 mrmain18
    Kent Matthes 0/1 ran out with ball bags and kept on going right past 3 of us
    Luke Hughes 3/8 must be me because last night was 3/8 also. He signed 4 for someone else tonight.

My regular season is over and it was my biggest on cards for everyone. I have at least one game left in the playoffs depending how far the Patriots advance. I still believe it will be against the Ducks.
    So next game Sept 25.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I knew tonight was going to be a terrible night as it took my son and I 1 hour to go 15 miles to get to the stadium. I told my son that I am already behind the 8 ball and usually with my luck the rest of the night is usually terrible and I was not disappointed. We arrived at the stadium after the gates were open and when we got inside the visitors dug out was already surrounded. Everybody was waiting tfor Bud Harrelson who normally travels with the team during playoffs. Surprise he was not there but I could not get close. With it being in the 60's players were wearing jackets.Plus being the first game at home they announced all the players so that cut 15 minutes of graphing. I needed 20 Ducks and I was hoping for a minimum of 10. Ran short of that pregame and the players ran post game. The attendance was announced as 7,835 people and it looked it.
    I can only hope tomorrow night I can do better as I plan on getting there so I can get my front spot and see the players coming out the tunnel faster.
    As far as the game the Ducks just lit up everyone of our pitchers and rang up 13 hits and 9 runs and they did it by base hits no home runs. I can only hope that the Ducks used up everything tonight and hope for the best tomorrow. Could be my last night of IP this season.
    Here is what I was able to sneak threw the crowd

Kevin Baez 1/1
    MartyJanzen 1/1
    Cody Puckett 1/1
    John Brownell 1/1
    Dan Lyons 1/1
    Frank Dejiulio 1/1
    Patrick Crider 1/1
    Ian Marshall 1/1
    Randy Ruiz 3/3 2 for mrmain18

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast