Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Okay, now we have that on the record. You are okay with bigotry being practiced in the name of religion.

For the record, I am not. Whether I say it in every thread or not. I am against ALL religious bigotry. Muslims included.

It's good to know how you feel about it. Says a lot.

Take it however you like. You support "freedom of expression" when it is burning the American flag but oppose it when it is someone expressing their religious teachings. You are a hypocrite. Freedom of speech is all encompassing as long as it doesn't incite physical injury or harm.

I didn't say I agree with what he is saying, I just agree that he has the right to express his beliefs.
    Last edited by duane1969; 04-29-2015 at 09:17 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Take it however you like. You support "freedom of expression" when it is burning the American flag but oppose it when it is someone expressing their religious teachings. You are a hypocrite. Freedom of speech is all encompassing as long as it doesn't incite physical injury or harm.

I didn't say I agree with what he is saying, I just agree that he has the right to express his beliefs.

Where did I say I oppose anyone saying anything?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Where did I say I oppose anyone saying anything?

Right here. You label their expression of their beliefs as being bigotry and you oppose it, thus you oppose their freedom of expression/speech.

For the record, I am not. Whether I say it in every thread or not. I am against ALL religious bigotry. Muslims included.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Right here. You label their expression of their beliefs as being bigotry and you oppose it, thus you oppose their freedom of expression/speech.

Those are two different things! You are a teacher? Unbelievable? Opposing WHAT they say, is not opposing them being able to say it. You pretty much said the same thing in ending post #21. How the hell does your brain work?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

habs, if we had proof people were born gay these bigots would day it is a genetic disorder and they need to be "fixed". if proved it is just a choice then they would say that they could make better choices. there is no winning with these haters, they will hate no matter how it is spun.

But when being gay is proven to be genetic it is fair to assume that the less fervent religious leaders might finally teach some acceptance and therefore reduce some of the hate out there? Am i just naive?

PS - It's wonderful seeing the OP flawed purpose for posting this sillyness blow up in his face.
    I know I'm being captain obvious here but failing to post that you are against something on message board does not mean you endorse it... Maybe it's not obvious to everyone.
    Last edited by maccards44; 05-02-2015 at 10:42 AM.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Crickets .....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

But when being gay is proven to be genetic it is fair to assume that the less fervent religious leaders might finally teach some acceptance and therefore reduce some of the hate out there? Am i just naive?

Those that will accept it already have, many churches do so and many are losing members because of it.
    Those against it will say it is a genetic disorder and we should try to "fix" it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Those that will accept it already have, many churches do so and many are losing members because of it.
    Those against it will say it is a genetic disorder and we should try to "fix" it.

I personally could care less if people are gay, but looking at it from a purely biological perspective, wouldn't they be correct? The basic premise of intercourse is reproduction. Across the entire animal and plant world reproduction is a "sexual" act between a male and female of the species with the primary goal of creating new life. This simply can not happen in a homosexual relationship. No mating can occur. So wouldn't being "genetically gay" be a disorder?

By default, if a "gay gene" is allowed to spread then it is inherently going to result in the end of said species.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

So wouldn't being "genetically gay" be a disorder?

perhaps, but that is why I say it is a choice. some get offended by me saying it is a choice, but if you have no issue with gays, why care if it is a choice or not?

By default, if a "gay gene" is allowed to spread then it is inherently going to result in the end of said species.

the latest science suggests it is a marker that does not get "turned off" in the womb. it is not something that can spread.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

the latest science suggests it is a marker that does not get "turned off" in the womb. it is not something that can spread.

Obviously I am not a scientist, so my observations are purely anecdotal, but I know a family with 4 adult children and three of them are gay. The odds of that are astronomical if there isn't some outside influence or genetic cause. For point of reference, the four siblings are two men and two women. One man and both of the women are gay. Since they are of both sexes I think the the probability of sexual abuse as children causing a pseudo-gay response is unlikely plus they all have a good relationship with their parents. On the surface it would appear that some form of a "gay gene" was passed along to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast