Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Listen Duane what did I tell you about making sense on here. Now stop it you going to ruin the latest Alex thread on the world domination.

I can't help it. I am like a cat and a laser pointer, I simply can't control myself.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol....what else could we expect from our GOP supporters who are part of the CULT of conservatism.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Some interesting stats on this "job participation rate" to put things in perspective.

1950-2015

Highest 67.3% in Jan 2000
    Lowest 58.1% in Dec 1954

Average 63.01%

Today 62.7%

Got anything else SHOCKINGLY TERRIBLE to report on the economy?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I realize this is a little complicated for some of you libs to comprehend, so let me help.

When Obama took office in 2008 the job participation rate was 66.2%. Since then it has steadily declined to 62.7%, or a decline of 3.5% overall. During this exact same time frame liberals have claimed the unemployment rate is declining which would require people joining the labor force, not leaving it. So you see, the decline in unemployment has matched the decline in the number of people in the workforce which points to the obviousness that it is not declining because of more people being employed, it is declining because people are giving up and stopping looking for work.

Further proving this point is that in Jan 2008 there were 138 million people employed in the US and there are currently 131 million people employed in the US.

The truly ironic (and quite frankly ignorant) thing here is that you want to celebrate a 15 year low in jobless "claims". Even the title of the article reveals that this isn't a decline in unemployment, just a decline in people filing for unemployment, which is easily explained away by people's length of time that they can file for unemployment benefits expiring or no longer looking for work and losing their eligibility.

So if you want to celebrate people losing their unemployment benefits or getting tired of looking for jobs and giving up, go for it. I personally don't see anything to celebrate there.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Some interesting stats on this "job participation rate" to put things in perspective.

1950-2015

Highest 67.3% in Jan 2000
    Lowest 58.1% in Dec 1954

Average 63.01%

Today 62.7%

Hmmmm

In the last 6 years the job participation rate has declined by 3.5% or 11.16 million people. So you find nothing troubling with over 11 million people leaving the labor force meaning they need some form of social welfare to live. Nice to know.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Hmmmm

In the last 6 years the job participation rate has declined by 3.5% or 11.16 million people. So you find nothing troubling with over 11 million people leaving the labor force meaning they need some form of social welfare to live. Nice to know.

Or the "working under the table" crowd has grown. You must have the numbers on how many working adults have been added to the welfare rolls? I know it is up from 6 years ago, but 11.16 million up? Is that so?

And don't forget what % of that 11.16 million have reached retirement age. Probably quite a few baby boomers in that number.
    Last edited by habsheaven; 05-01-2015 at 02:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Or the "working under the table" crowd has grown. You must have the numbers on how many working adults have been added to the welfare rolls? I know it is up from 6 years ago, but 11.16 million up? Is that so?

Oh, so now your going to make up hypothetical workers to explain things. Cute.

But to answer your question, since Obama took office nearly 13 million people have been added to the welfare recipient list. Uncanny how close the numbers are.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Oh, so now your going to make up hypothetical workers to explain things. Cute.

But to answer your question, since Obama took office nearly 13 million people have been added to the welfare recipient list. Uncanny how close the numbers are.

What's uncanny is your inability to comprehend the numbers you compare. The 13 million you quote includes a large percentage of children (you know, under 16 that don't factor into your other number). So no, they aren't really close.

The vast majority of this decline in "job participation rate" can be attributed to an aging population that is leaving the workforce for retirement.

Have anything else CUTE to say?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

yep, you don't know what the heck you are talking about, but that will only be shocking to a few.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

yep, you don't know what the heck you are talking about, but that will only be shocking to a few.

What have I said that is inaccurate in this discussion, genius?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast